• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So a new contractor just fell asleep at his desk...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So a new contractor just fell asleep at his desk...

...sat opposite me, noticed by many. Deep sleep too. Only awoken by the laughing of those around him (including myself). Contract suicide? I've never seen anything like it!!

What are his chances?

Ahhh.....snore.....shiiiiit.......bugger.......... cough.........

So, what client co are you at then
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Sleep

Thats brilliant! I heard a story that in some offices in China, the staff are expected to work very long hours. If they fall asleep at the desk, this is seen as a positive as obviously they have been working so hard for the company, they are knackered!!

As an aside, we have a permie guy who has been here longer than time itself. He is a 25 stone lard a@@ and does very little while awake. He pops down the pub every lunch, has 2-4 pints and then when he gets back to the office, has a little snooze at his desk. Cracks me up as no-one cares and just organises meetings either in the morning or the late afternoon!

Comment

Schoolboy error. Everybody knows, if you need to sleep, lie down under your desk but take a pen with you, or even better put a network lead in your hand, so if anyone comes to your desk you can respond with "Oh there it is" or "Damn network connection" and continue your day seamlessly, collecting a nice juicy day rate. Kerching

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Ahhh.....snore.....shiiiiit.......bugger.......... cough.........

So, what client co are you at then
          I was wondering whether the culprit was a member of this forum...

Comment

Originally posted by chana7 View Post
            ...sat opposite me, noticed by many. Deep sleep too. Only awoken by the laughing of those around him (including myself). Contract suicide? I've never seen anything like it!!

What are his chances?
            Can't be a proper contractor then.

The experienced contractor will scope out the bogs on day one to find the best sleeping spots.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I worked with a fella who used to fall asleep, I worked on a support desk and he would be speaking to someone then sort of nod off for 20 seconds or so then would wake up and continue the conversation, we used to have bets on if he would fall off is chair, and when he was in team meetings and the managers were waffling on he would be asleep

he said he had a medical condition so nothing was ever said

Comment

Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post
                Thats brilliant! I heard a story that in some offices in China, the staff are expected to work very long hours. If they fall asleep at the desk, this is seen as a positive as obviously they have been working so hard for the company, they are knackered!!

As an aside, we have a permie guy who has been here longer than time itself. He is a 25 stone lard a@@ and does very little while awake. He pops down the pub every lunch, has 2-4 pints and then when he gets back to the office, has a little snooze at his desk. Cracks me up as no-one cares and just organises meetings either in the morning or the late afternoon!
                It really says something about the clientco when they accept that from an employee. Where are you working did you say?

Comment

New dad.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by chana7 View Post
                    It really says something about the clientco when they accept that from an employee. Where are you working did you say?
                    Actually it may be by design. By keeping meetings to mornings and afternoons you actually have some time to get some work done (or post bollox here).
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X