• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non IT Technical Question (garden related)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non IT Technical Question (garden related)

Have to transport my mower down to Teignmouth at the weekend for a demo I'm performing.

Don't have trailer anymore so will have to put it in the back of my shooting brake. On its side.

I'm sure I've been told that its bad to lie a 4 stroke mower on its side as it messes up the oil circulation when you fire it up again, often resulting in a seized motor.

Can some somebody put my mind at rest and tell me that's not the case?

TIA Pacha.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Have to transport my mower down to Teignmouth at the weekend for a demo I'm performing.

Don't have trailer anymore so will have to put it in the back of my shooting brake. On its side.

I'm sure I've been told that its bad to lie a 4 stroke mower on its side as it messes up the oil circulation when you fire it up again, often resulting in a seized motor.

TIA Pacha.
    Drain oil before transport.. fill upon arrival ...simples
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

take the handles off and put it on the back seat or in the book

or alternatively put it on the roof rack

or buy a shooting break with a bigger boot

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

TIA Pacha.
        Ask a grown-up to help you work this out. Even Troll has managed it, and he is as dim as a two-watt lightbulb.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Has a very heavy roller so roofrack not an option. Dont want it on back seat as I don't wish to damage the naugahyde.

Comment

Its the same as a fridge if you put it on its side you should leave it to settle before using to allow the oil/gas to return.

Although its a pretty stupid thing to do with a mower cos its gonna P**s oil and fuel all over the back of the car

Comment

Options:
              • It's got a roller, so just tie it to the back of the car and tow it along.
              • Go by train.
              • Rent one in Teignmouth.
              • Buy a new one in Teignmouth.
              • Hire a Chinook.
              • Use a sheep instead.
              • Buy a sodding trailer and stick it on there.

Comment

Stuff it. I'll bite.

What are you demoing?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Stuff it. I'll bite.

What are you demoing?
                  How to transport a lawnmower safely in a car with leather seats
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Rent a trailer.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X