• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google+

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google+

Well ? Who has given Google+ a go ?

Is it a Facebook assasin ?

Will it die like GoogleWave ?

I havent given it a twirl yet because I have no invite, but I wish Google would not limit access to a social networking site. What is the point in a social networking site if you are the only user in there ?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

It's alright, better UI design than Wave, possibly a Facebook killer but they've still got a few creases to iron out. Much simpler proposition.
    I like the redesigned top navigation but not the LH nav - a lot of it is due to 'expected functionality' from Facebook that + lacks, but that's ok.

Too early to say yet, will let you know when I get invites (or when I find out how to give invites).

Comment

Got one facebook friend who announced (via facebook) he was moving to it.

See a little '+1' icon next to my google search results when I'm signed in. Clicking it gives me the opportunity to create a profile, but haven't tried it yet. No idea if that profile is the same thing as google +.

Might go and try it - will report back later....

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        Got one facebook friend who announced (via facebook) he was moving to it.

See a little '+1' icon next to my google search results when I'm signed in. Clicking it gives me the opportunity to create a profile, but haven't tried it yet. No idea if that profile is the same thing as google +.

Might go and try it - will report back later....
        Nope - think the +1 is something different. Kind of like facebook like, but separate from google + I think.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          Nope - think the +1 is something different. Kind of like facebook like, but separate from google + I think.
          It appears to be some sort of "recommend this page" button
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

This chap seems to be impressed: Google+ is Awesome. Facebook Maimed, Twitter Mortally Wounded?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              No surprise there, he used to work for Google

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                It appears to be some sort of "recommend this page" button
                It is.

Google +1 Button
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  No surprise there, he used to work for Google
                  Shame you can only share the article by facebook, twitter or email.....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Anyone got their short url yet from gplus.to?
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X