PDA

View Full Version : My exciting adventure

d000hg
7th July 2011, 00:23
Just booked flights to spend 6 weeks in the US travelling around meeting people for my plan B. The nice folks at UKTI are able to provide some matched funding and set up meetings for me.

The one fun part is we've booked the train from Boston to SF... 3 days in a sleeper cabin. It'll be like being Michael Palin!!

EternalOptimist
7th July 2011, 06:54
Just booked flights to spend 6 weeks in the US travelling around meeting people for my plan B. The nice folks at UKTI are able to provide some matched funding and set up meetings for me.

The one fun part is we've booked the train from Boston to SF... 3 days in a sleeper cabin. It'll be like being Michael Palin!!

brilliant. make the most of it:happy

Lockhouse
7th July 2011, 07:26
brilliant. make the most of it:happy

Indeed; good luck and have a great time!

wobbegong
7th July 2011, 09:15

You might be out there longer than you think. (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Icelands-Hekla-Volcano-Dubbed-Gateway-To-Hell-Looks-Ready-To-Erupt-Raising-Fears-Of-New-Ash-Cloud/Article/201107116025714?lpos=World_News_First_Home_Article _Teaser_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_16025714_Icelands_Hekla_Volcano_Dubbed _Gateway_To_Hell_Looks_Ready_To_Erupt_Raising_Fear s_Of_New_Ash_Cloud)

:wave:

d000hg
7th July 2011, 11:16
Good job we took out "act of God" cover on the travel insurance then... we were specifically thinking about the ash cloud issues and it didn't cost much more.

doodab
7th July 2011, 11:19
Good job we took out "act of God" cover on the travel insurance then... we were specifically thinking about the ash cloud issues and it didn't cost much more.

Does that cover you for the rapture as well?

d000hg
7th July 2011, 11:20
I won't be here so I don't care.

OwlHoot
7th July 2011, 11:28
Just booked flights to spend 6 weeks in the US travelling around meeting people for my plan B.

If you want to meet lots of Americans, there's no need to go to all the trouble and expense of visiting the US.

Just stand outside Earls Court station. :eyes

russell
7th July 2011, 11:32
Male Prostitution is illegal in the US so your Plan B might hit a brick wall?

wobbegong
7th July 2011, 11:33
Does that cover you for the rapture as well?

God, I hope not, that was an awful track!

doodab
7th July 2011, 13:36
I won't be here so I don't care.

:laugh