• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What can I buy in London for £150K?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was thinking of buying a but n ben in Londonog and renting it out. Currently I get £600 pcm on rent for the Glasgow place was wondering if I could increase the yield by selling up and buying in London. Pointless exercise or not?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

2 Ecosheds and a virtual Hyabusa.

HTH

sasguru
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

House for sale in Salisbury Place, London, W1H

So you can buy half a garage in London.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Was thinking of buying a but n ben in Londonog and renting it out. Currently I get £600 pcm on rent for the Glasgow place was wondering if I could increase the yield by selling up and buying in London. Pointless exercise or not?
        Easy enough to let out rooms at £120 a week to single workers in London I would have thought. So with a 3 bedroom house, even in somewhere like Croydon, Hounslow or Stratford you should be able to get around £1400 pcm. Of course you'll need to be laying out 250-300k in those areas (and they're the cheaper less desirable parts of London). Closer in, the rental income is a bit higher, but the cost of the house is a lot higher.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Your Joking right, have you not been listening to a word DimPrawn has said, you cannot buy lunch in london for that

Comment

Your euros don't stretch anywhere near far enough to buy anything worthwhile in the worlds financial capital. Sell your mac and upgrade your bedsit.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
              Your Joking right, have you not been listening to a word DimPrawn has said, you cannot buy lunch in london for that
              A lot of places - Look at this as an example

Andrews & Robertson - Lot Details

10% return without too much trouble

If I had the cash I would buy that without question

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post

Guide price! a get the punters in guide price.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post

Precisely why auction houses set low guide prices - to reel in mugs like you.

Comment

You could probably buy a timeshare in a parking space.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X