• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monster tries to muscle in on LinkedIn with an app on Facebook

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster tries to muscle in on LinkedIn with an app on Facebook

Something called BeKnown. Mixing social with professional???

Commercial suicide I tells ya!

I have a Chinese Wall between Facebook and LinkedIn. I have no connections/Likes to Professional Orgs or Vendors on FB and I don't join 'I hate the Glazers' groups on LinkedIn.

And I only have fellow contractors (who are friends) on FB.

Anyone who's drank with me while wearing a pirate's outfit basically....
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And I only have fellow contractors (who are friends) on FB..
    Don't you have any other friends? I only have a couple of fellow contractors on there, the rest are normal people. Well, normalish.
    Last edited by doodab; 7 July 2011, 11:16.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I just saw this today, keeping well away, personal and business never mix.

(I have even gone a bit OTT and taken down my persoanal website while I am looking for a contract so it can't drop me in it if I'm googled lol)
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Don't you have any other friends? I only have a couple of fellow contractors on there, the rest are normal people. Well, normalish.
        Yep, I have normal friends - I'm talking in a business context (Pirate outfit an' all).
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You'd be surprised how many people already post all sorts of social stuff to LinkedIn. Some people have obviously seen that you can connect Twitter to Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Buzz etc and just drive everything from one source. I end up seeing some friends' updates 3 or 4 times. I'm like Cojak, complete separation between personal and professional, and keep Facebook locked down so that potential clients can't see photos of me stumbling around clutching a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Comment

I make a point of not using facebook and only use LinkedIn for business purposes.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I too have a Chinese wall between LinkedIn and Facebook. There's only a few people who are connections\friends on both. It's not just that I have abolutely no wish to mix the two, but it's also quite impractical. My permie work colleagues knowing about my home life? Not in a million years would I want that.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

This is actually one of the (or possibly only) interesting thing about Google+. You can make up circles or lists which you add people to, and then you can share things with only a particular group. So you could have a Friends circle and a Colleagues circle, and share completely different things with each group. Facebook assumes you want everyone to see everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  This is actually one of the (or possibly only) interesting thing about Google+. You can make up circles or lists which you add people to, and then you can share things with only a particular group. So you could have a Friends circle and a Colleagues circle, and share completely different things with each group. Facebook assumes you want everyone to see everything.
                  At the moment........
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Yep, I have normal friends - I'm talking in a business context (Pirate outfit an' all).
                    Ooo arrr.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X