• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the south of France any good for holidaying if you have young kids?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the south of France any good for holidaying if you have young kids?

SY02 and I are discussing where the Suities will be holidaying for summer 2011. I have plumped for the south of France. Med.

SY02 reckons it's for wine buffs and poofs with Porches.

Are there any holiday "resorts" down there that us chavs can frequent while trying to soak up some of the culture (wine and cheese) that would keep both sides of the argument happy?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Go to Butlins. You know it makes sense.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Why not just do the Dordogne region. Think Tuscany but without the pretentious middle managers and geography teachers.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Go to Butlins. You know it makes sense.
        Dude, a week at Butlins is over £1700

You can go to the south of France for that

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Dude, a week at Butlins is over £1700

You can go to the south of France for that
          One is a place of funny looking dressed people with terrible attitudes, expensive food and terrible non-sensical entertainment. The other is the South of France.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            One is a place of funny looking dressed people with terrible attitudes, expensive food and terrible non-sensical entertainment. The other is the South of France.
            You are so right, and yet a yank. One thinks one has become anglicised.

Comment

Most of the beaches are pebbly. Nice, Cannes etc are worth a visit but expensive and not really family holiday destinations. Monte Carlo is worth a day trip and there are some nice places inland, a marine park, places to go camping and whatnot.

You can always take a trip up the Route Napoleon as well.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

There are some lovely little seaside resorts between Perpignan and the Spanish border. It's a Catalan speaking part of France so feels a little different. We went there last year with little ones and had a great time.

Alternatively, try the Atlantic coast - Île de Ré is a great place with child friendly beaches and little towns to wander around. Shouldn't be as hot, except when we went there with YG I when she was a baby is was bastard hot due to a heat wave.

Comment

Go the Atlantic side much less touristy that the Med

Bordeaux -Biarritz & all points in between- much nicer IMHO

Bucket & spade holidays when they're young & surfing as they get older

As long as the weather holds out it's unbeatable

HTH
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Some excellent advice so far. Not like CUKers to be this helpful, they must be showing off.

Comment

Working...
                    X