• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things you don't want to hear from your doctor.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things you don't want to hear from your doctor.

Saw my urologist today. He told me I've got to have surgery on my plumbing. He then asked "Do you have any children".
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Sorry to hear NAT.

Could be worse, he could have said "Yes, I've seen this before, it'll probably just fall off in a few days"

Comment

Fortunately, I've already got three kids and had the snip, so the chances of being rendered infertile by the operation are totally irrelevant.

It got worse though. When I asked him about the procedure, he said I need 5 nights in hospital. That's five billable days!

Then two weeks recovery after that!
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Fortunately, I've already got three kids and had the snip, so the chances of being rendered infertile by the operation are totally irrelevant.

It got worse though. When I asked him about the procedure, he said I need 5 nights in hospital. That's five billable days!

Work from bed you slacker. Just because your willy is in traction is no excuse to stop billing. I once completed a major application for a bank from my hospital bed, and I put the Corporate ethics and integrity module for the News of the World in, whilst I was in the operating theatre

straight up gov

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Sounds painful.

I suppose you will need a catheter. My female doctor friends use to tell me lovely stories about catheterising old men when they were junior doctors..... Luckily you aren't in the UK.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Sounds painful.

I suppose you will need a catheter. My female doctor friends use to tell me lovely stories about catheterising old men when they were junior doctors..... Luckily you aren't in the UK.
            Wait till they pull it out once its all dried up! I've never seen my willy that long before
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I know a doctor who eventually got to say

It's life Jim, but not as I know it.
              This was to another doctor who had cancer (I doubt you would get away with it otherwise).
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I suppose you will need a catheter.
                I was just getting over the nightmares

Comment

Saw my urologist today. He told me I've got to have surgery on my plumbing. He then asked "Do you have any children".
                  Could have been worse

"Do you have any children?"
                  "Yes. Three"
                  "Oh, interesting. According to my examination I don't thing the little fellas have ever worked?"

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

things you don't want to hear from your doctor

"your wife and I have been having an affair now for many years"
                    "i fathered your wife's child"
                    "about the operation I performed last week, I'm not actually a doctor"
                    "about the rectal examination i performed, that wasn't my finger"

plenty of worse options
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X