• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inshoring is the new offshoring, if you complain enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inshoring is the new offshoring, if you complain enough

BBC News - Santander to bring India call centres back to UK

Santander has said it is bringing all of its call centres back to the UK from India following complaints.

Want more jobs in Britain and not offshored abroad, start complaining in numbers!

Your country needs you: Complain about bob today.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    BBC News - Santander to bring India call centres back to UK

Want more jobs in Britain and not offshored abroad, start complaining in numbers!

Your country needs you: Complain about bob today.
    Low skill, back office jobs are being shifted abroad instead
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      You mean like Java?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        You mean like Java?
        Anything to do with thinking really. If you can't sell or blag there is no place for you in the UK.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Yep. Customer facing will move back onshore, but the back office will disappear offshore as no one will notice.

Mind you inshoring is probably cheaper now for many mid level jobs where the offshoring companies are finding it hard to keep people. The minimum wage is going to ensure the real noddy work has to move abroad.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Mind you inshoring is probably cheaper now
            Yep. That may be the real reason for the move. Money not customer service.

New Call Telecom call centre came back from Bombay because it's cheaper in Burnley | Mail Online

I'm sure the Burnley accents will be easier to understand.
            Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              Yep. That may be the real reason for the move. Money not customer service.

New Call Telecom call centre came back from Bombay because it's cheaper in Burnley | Mail Online

I'm sure the Burnley accents will be easier to understand.
              Is there a "university" in Burley?

When I was at university up North nearly everyone worked in a call centre at some point. Meaning the poor customers got a wide range of accents.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                but the back office will disappear offshore as no one will notice.
                Really? Assenture shifted the back office processing for client cos invoicing/payments of suppliers offshore to some tulip hole. Turned up to a warehouse one day to e told the water had been cut off as they hadn't paid the bill.

Got some tit on the phone who told us he was sorry for the inconvenience (£75k inconvenience due to lost productivity) and he'd put in place a system to ensure it doesn't happen again...........

I reckon he's just set up a direct debit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  Really? Assenture shifted the back office processing for client cos invoicing/payments of suppliers offshore to some tulip hole. Turned up to a warehouse one day to e told the water had been cut off as they hadn't paid the bill.
                  That incompetence can equally well occur onshore. I remember speaking to a friend who had one of his shops force-able entered by bailiffs and the stock removed due to the water board sending its bill (and court summons) to the shop and not head office even after being told to do so 15 times.

Only when the manager arrived after lunch to see no stock did anyone bother to tell head office what had happened.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Is there a "university" in Burnley?
                    I think there's some partnership going on with the University of Central Lancashire, that is mainly based in Preston.

No idea why they chose Burnley, though Preston is probably not much better. When I'm in the north west I rarely go to either. Even us northerners have standards.
                    Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Working...
                    X