• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this actually likely to work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this actually likely to work?

Any photographers care to comment on this contraption?

(SFW)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

I am a photographer and I have no idea why anyone would want this!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

(SFW)
      That's actually made me howl with laughter.

Attached to that contraption, is a Canon L-Series Lens (the Red ring gives it away). I had this lens back about 3 years ago. The cost? about £1200. Why would anyone put a product made by Apple onto the back of such a beautiful piece of engineering?

The short answer, is no, that device will not do anything worth doing.

This comment sums it up for me:

"Why? Because obviously a $1000+ L glass (see that red ring?) lens can only be improved by duct-taping an Apple product to the back of it. Apple makes everything better, you know."
      "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
      SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

(SFW)
        Well,

AF isn't going to work, so manual focus only.

Neither is the aperture setting on a lot of lenses, on the EOS lenses it's all electronic. Older nikon ones should be OK.

The crop factor (effective multiplication of focal length) will be ridiculous as well, the only way to get a blur free photo will be with the whole assembly on a tripod.

The phone's auto exposure system might also get fooled and cock the exposure up. Hard to say without trying it.

I wouldn't waste my money personally.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

It probably works because I remember hearing about it a while back.

Why someone wants to do it is simple. Now iphones are everywhere people need a different way to stand out (sorry, look like a fashionable prat).

I think this red button is a better idea. You would still look like an idiot tho.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
          X