• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bored ... looking for cross training into SAS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bored ... looking for cross training into SAS

As title suggests, I have / may have (cross out as appropriate - if ClientCo is reading this ) some spare time, that I fancy investing in learning SAS. I don't know two hoots about SAS to be honest but my background uses Microsoft products and VBA which I understand is used in SAS - Please correct me if I'm wrong.

So my question is, what is the best route for learning SAS or any new language, as there are a few options available.

1. Register for some online training course and complete in your own time.
    2. Spend X amount of days on a classroom based course.
    3. Google the syntax, get your hands on a dodgy copy, and have a go yourself.
    4. Sign up for some SAS qualifications.
    etc

Any thoughts please...

oh dear

Milan.

Comment

I think the age limit for the Special Forces Volunteer Reserve (SFVR) is 34.

Might be worth a try, although I imagine it must be hard work.

HTH
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I did SAS over 20 years ago for a few years. It was very dull then. I doubt it's changed.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I did SAS over 20 years ago for a few years. It was very dull then. I doubt it's changed.
          Ok I'll bite.
          Which part of SAS did you "do"?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Ok I'll bite.
            Which part of SAS did you "do"?
            Talking of "dull", and in swans the Fairy Queen!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The Army run fitness training sessions in parks up and down the country, British Military Fitness - fun outdoor exercise classes to get your body and mind going

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
                The Army run fitness training sessions in parks up and down the country, British Military Fitness - fun outdoor exercise classes to get your body and mind going
                These thick feckers and the pathetic group of gullible weekend fitness warriors they charge to run them about a public park should be told to GTF.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  These thick feckers and the pathetic group of gullible weekend fitness warriors they charge to run them about a public park should be told to GTF.
                  £40 pcm

Bargain!
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                  X