• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here we go!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4870988.stm

Whats the bet the only people targetted by these goons will be law abiding citizens!

Mailman

These goons

You are sadly misplaced in time MM, you really ought to be living in a 1940's B-movie, presumably a gangster one.
    Why not?

Comment

"Disclosure notices - Courts can force suspects to answer questions or provide documents or face imprisonment or fines. Limits the right to silence "

So they days where you had a right to remain silent have gone

I suppose unless you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear.

I suggest the first task of this new SOCA squad should be to investigate the highly questionnable expenses claims (for tens of grand each) paid to numerous MP's over the past few years

Comment

You are aware that one of the aims of SOCA

Originally posted by eternalnomad
        "Disclosure notices - Courts can force suspects to answer questions or provide documents or face imprisonment or fines. Limits the right to silence "

So they days where you had a right to remain silent have gone

I suppose unless you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear.

I suggest the first task of this new SOCA squad should be to investigate the highly questionnable expenses claims (for tens of grand each) paid to numerous MP's over the past few years
        Is to deal with money-laundering.
        One of the most-used methods of money-laundering is offshore companies holding money and making loans to individuals which are then written off.
        Now why does that sound like a familiar tax-avoidance scheme on a board of contractors?
        Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          "There is absolutely nothing, in my view, that should come before the basic liberties of people in this country to be freed from the tyranny of this type of organised crime."
          What planet has that man been on while his government has eroded freedoms hard fought for to tackle terrorism - another form of organised crime!

Comment

There was an ex-chief of the Flying Squad on the news this morning who said that, basically, this would be the Drugs Squad by another name - apparantly they don't have the resources to tackle all the other areas but this is the real news grabber. To compare this to the FBI is laughable

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
              To compare this to the FBI is laughable
              Labour's top brass are easily impressed with all things American.

Blair has got his own Vietnam, which led to his own 9/11, and now he wants his own FBI to play with.

What next, his own Roswell?

Comment

I'd like to see his own Dallas 1963

Originally posted by wendigo100
                Labour's top brass are easily impressed with all things American.

Blair has got his own Vietnam, which led to his own 9/11, and now he wants his own FBI to play with.

What next, his own Roswell?
                We should be so lucky, lucky lucky lucky etc.
                Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  Sheesh, and here I was under the mistaken conclusion that Ireland was Britains Vietnam!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                    Sheesh, and here I was under the mistaken conclusion that Ireland was Britains Vietnam!

Mailman
                    Nah, no way was it hot enough. Although it did have a surprisingly large variety of rain types.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X