• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where did I put me Keys ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did I put me Keys ....

German nuclear power station officials have admitted losing the keys to top security areas within their own plant.

The Philippsburg nuclear plant in Germany is now under investigation after owners reported that they have been searching for the keys to vital areas around the reactors since March 10.

The plant is run by German company EnBW, which reportedly took an entire week to inform the authorities about the loss of the keys.

Prosecutors have opened an investigation "against unknown perpetrators" for theft.

The company has announced that the locks are being changed, but German Environment Ministry spokesperson Karl Franz criticised the delay in reporting the case.

He said: "We received no explanation as to why it took so long to report the occurrence."

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    The plant is run by German company EnBW, which reportedly took an entire week to inform the authorities about the loss of the keys.

Prosecutors have opened an investigation "against unknown perpetrators" for theft....He said: "We received no explanation as to why it took so long to report the occurrence."
    Would imagine the simple answer is that they were a little bit embarassed to admit what had happened, "eh, sorry sir, but we appear to have left the keys to our nuclear stations main control room in the back of a cab somewhere" ,and were hoping to pull a rabbit out of the hat...

Comment

Working...
    X