• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Goodbye cruel World

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye cruel World

BBC News - Phone-hacking probe: NoW goes to presses for last time

(Thread title unashamedly nicked from the Telegraph )

And another hat-tip to the Telegraph for this delightful news: Rebekah Brooks to be questioned by police over phone hacking - Telegraph

Comment

I don't get this "twice offered to resign and twice been refused" crap. If you resign, you do so and walk away, it's not negotiable, you aren't reliant on someones' permission or approval. It's a one sided process.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        BBC News - Phone-hacking probe: NoW goes to presses for last time

(Thread title unashamedly nicked from the Telegraph )
        You're beginning to give then impression that you're a frustrated wannabe journalist.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Anyone been past a newsagent yet and seen all the people queuing up to get the last edition of the NOTW? It's a collector's item apparently. They're only printing 5 million of them.

If people are still buying any of the red tops after last week (they're all in it together until proven otherwise) they deserve all they get. They no longer have any rights to be angry or bend other's ears with their complaints. STOP BUYING THE F*****G THINGS YOU MORONS!
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Anyone been past a newsagent yet and seen all the people queuing up to get the last edition of the NOTW? It's a collector's item apparently. They're only printing 5 million of them.

!
            I went out first thing this morning. Couldn't believe my luck there was 200 left at the petrol station, so I bought the lot. He he he. These are going to be worth a fortune.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I was hoping they'd have chucked in some free fish and chips. The perfect partnership.

[In reality I think it is now illegal to use newspapers for wrapping, despite them usually having a plain sheet as a seperator so not really that unhygienic. A shame as I'm sure they used to smell differently. They seem bland without it. ]
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                I don't get this "twice offered to resign and twice been refused" crap. If you resign, you do so and walk away, it's not negotiable, you aren't reliant on someones' permission or approval. It's a one sided process.
                She didn't resign. She asked them if they wanted her to resign. The 2 are very different things.

Comment

I'm sure those 'unemployed' hacks will be snapped up by the new shiny Murdoch crappy red top.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    I'm sure those 'unemployed' hacks will be snapped up by the new shiny Murdoch crappy red top.
                    Or they'll just resume writing for the times or the sun as they always have been.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X