• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lazing on a Sunny Afternoon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lazing on a Sunny Afternoon

Anyone else relaxing on this partially sunny, balmy summer’s day out in their back gardens?

I was until, with the biblically appropriate appellations, Isaac and Jacob, my neighbour’s grandchildren, were loosed a little season from the bottomless pit to torment me for a while.

Not even the act of licking my sweat encrusted forearm, knocking back a slug of Jose Cuervo’s finest and guzzling the piquant juice of a freshly cut lime can drown out the battle cries of Beelzebub’s little ginger goblins.

Screaming, shouting, punching, fighting, destruction, carnage. All the thoughts that sprung to mind when I realised the tranquillity of a relaxing Sunday afternoon outside amongst the foliage and Lepidoptera with the Android for company, were to be dashed.

And there was me thinking I won’t get the trusty Qualcast out for a spin in order to persist the mutual harmony of my fellow back garden compadres.

Right, there’s no other choice now: it’s time to don that hockey mask, the baseball gloves and fire up the McCullock chainsaw and cast those screaming banshees back from whence they came.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

I rode my bike about 10 miles up a hill to the cloister andechs, i'm now sat in the beer garden having a beer and watching the thunderstorm pass. Well, it's passed but left some residual rain so i'll be taking the shorter route home. Drops 200 meters or so in 4 miles so should be fairly easy, if damp.

Bavaria has loads of gingers. Some of the women are incredibly hot.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I've spent the morning playing games, football, wrestling with the kids in the back garden. God, it's been loud. Shouting, screaming. Kicked a ball
      over our neighbours fence 3 times but luckily he's been in the back garden with a glass of wine relaxing. He's obviously quite good at football because the ball has flown back over. Anyway the kids are knackered and had to have a rest which was lucky because he's been doing his lawn and they'll sleep though anything.

Anyway looks like he's gone back to his wine which is a good job, the kids are up and we've invited another four friends to come over.

Happy days.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Spent the sunny morning going door to door around our neighbourhood asking if anyone had inadvertently locked NorPuss II in their shed/garage as we hadn't seen him since yesterday afternoon (being a creature of habit, he goes out from 6am to 9am and then stays in till the others come in for the evening).

Turns out he'd been chased by one of the neighbours dogs into their study and hid behind their piano, they'd shut the door on the room thinking nothing of it, but wondered why their dog was behaving funny.
        Apart from that enjoyed the Grand prix.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The clouds are clearing here so heading off in a bit to a friends bbq. Been a weekend of partying.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I went for a nice stroll in the woods, but Alice Roberts was there making a documentary, repeating the same line over and over again for camera. I've forgotten what she was saying now, but "brain" was in there. Just her and 4 others with cameras, mics, etc.

I saw Adam Hart Davies yesterday too, speaking for some charity event which I happened to walk past.

Comment

Working...
            X