• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Silverstone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silverstone

Hard to call. Nice from Lewis though.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Hmm, since it wasn't officially a wet race do they have to use both hard/soft slick tyres even though they started on wet tyres?

Comment

LOL @ Button

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Hmm, since it wasn't officially a wet race do they have to use both hard/soft slick tyres even though they started on wet tyres?
        They started on intermediate (not wet) tyres so they don't have to use them again. Feeling pretty sorry for Jenson as he was going well.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          They started on intermediate (not wet) tyres so they don't have to use them again. Feeling pretty sorry for Jenson as he was going well.
          Intermediate are wet tyres. Is the rule on using both types based on using at least 2 different tyre types, or based on the official classification of the race as being wet? In a wet race you can use only full wet or only intermediate, which seems to confuse the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Intermediate are wet tyres.
            Intermediate used to be called 'wets' - and 'extreme wets' used for the deeper grooved tyres that are currently called 'wets', but then people got confused which variant of wet tyres being were talking about.

Is the rule on using both types based on using at least 2 different tyre types, or based on the official classification of the race as being wet? In a wet race you can use only full wet or only intermediate, which seems to confuse the issue.
            Not sure on the exact wording of the rules, but I think it's based on using 2 different types of tyre - the exception being that using wets/inters throughout is allowed.

I think a driver could use inter's on a bone dry track - and would then only need to use one dry compound. Would be suicidal strategy, but I think it's allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
              Intermediate used to be called 'wets' - and 'extreme wets' used for the deeper grooved tyres that are currently called 'wets', but then people got confused which variant of wet tyres being were talking about.

Not sure on the exact wording of the rules, but I think it's based on using 2 different types of tyre - the exception being that using wets/inters throughout is allowed.

I think a driver could use inter's on a bone dry track - and would then only need to use one dry compound. Would be suicidal strategy, but I think it's allowed.
              Yeah, sorry d000hg I thought you were talking about full wet tyres.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                Probably yes. But it's right that having used intermediate or even full wet tyres they don't have to use both types of dry tyre.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Watching the F1 forum now and Mr C Horner is talking complete bollox re the Webber/Vettel overtaking thing. Webber was clearly faster than Vettel so why not order Sebastian to pull over and let him through? It wouldn't have changed the lead in the F1 championship but it would have strengthened the second place in drivers championship. It wouldn't have lead to an accident because Vettel would have been 'following orders for the team'.
                  Red Bull are trying to do a hatchet job on Webber (and apparently want to sign Jenson).
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Watching the F1 forum now and Mr C Horner is talking complete bollox re the Webber/Vettel overtaking thing. Webber was clearly faster than Vettel so why not order Sebastian to pull over and let him through? It wouldn't have changed the lead in the F1 championship but it would have strengthened the second place in drivers championship. It wouldn't have lead to an accident because Vettel would have been 'following orders for the team'.
                    Red Bull are trying to do a hatchet job on Webber (and apparently want to sign Jenson).
                    WHS. They always say "it's the team that counts", in which case it doesn't matter who finishes first. He also said there'd certainly be an accident, which suggests his star German driver would deliberately crash rather than give up the place - hardly being a team player now is it? If there were going to be team orders perhaps it should have been a "Mark is faster than you. " moment.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X