• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HR

5 years contracting and I've never had to spend any time with hr
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    5 years contracting and I've never had to spend any time with hr
    More fool you then.

Some rules of engagement for contracting

1) Always get in with Security. These guys know the comings and goings, can get you that access you need and get you the best parking spots.

2) The Receptionist. The gatekeeper. Keep them sweet.

3) HR. Always introduce yourself to HR/Recruitement. They're the ones who deal with the agencies. Brilliant to find out about upcoming opportunities internally and their so touchy feely, ideal to keep in with.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sadly what MF said.

Security guards will let you get away with anything if they like you.

I've got a contract in the past thanks to the Receptionist saying the other candidate was rude to her (first impressions do count).

HR know where the bodies are buried. Keeping on their good side gives you all the gossip you need.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
      X