• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That pound in your pocket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That pound in your pocket

Gold in pounds hits record, debt crisis deepens | Reuters

Not worth much is it?

The jobbing builders who powered through the recession doing driveways and extensions are going bust left right and centre around our way.

I'll keep an eye Portbury docks on my commute, new car acreage is a good an indicator as any.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It has been another big day at the office for gold, shooting up to £31400/kg, and way past silly.

There's some of you lot happy with 0.5% above made-up-inflation rates over 5 years, when Sterling debases that much in a few hours.

Judging from the rate of the climb of gold, it does seem that something is still very amiss and is not going to end well, either Sterling (or other fiat) or gold.

Comment

while stocks and commodities fell and US Treasury bonds gained after the president of the European Council called a crisis meeting to discuss Italy's sovereign debt.
        Gold Price Sets New Euro, Sterling Records as Emergency Euro Meeting Considers "Unsustainable" Italy | Gold News
        Ah, Italy now. Not heard a lot out of them.

Comment

shiny shiny shiny

Milan.

Comment

krugers are making big £££ on ebay

Milan.

Comment

and....

wait until the herd pile in

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                and....

wait until the herd pile in

Milan.
                Milan, stop trying to insinuate you're some sort of investment guru.
                If there was a herd you'd be right at the back, at the smelly arse end, throwing yourself off the cliff like the lemming you are.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I take it you missed the first price leaps then Sas and are stuck on the side wondering what to do

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    I take it you missed the first price leaps then Sas and are stuck on the side wondering what to do

Milan.
                    No, my strategy is more long term.
                    The rise in gold etc etc is a symptom not a cause. My investment strategy has always been based on the fundamentals i.e. the cause.

HTH but IDI.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X