• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acrostics: The art of hidden messages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acrostics: The art of hidden messages

From the Grauniad, Did you spot the hidden message?

The News of the World's hidden messages in its final crossword was only part of an inglorious tradition of editorial misbehaviour
    I rather liked James May's effort there.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    From the Grauniad, Did you spot the hidden message?

I rather liked James May's effort there.
    And even that article had a hidden message. Dull as it was though.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Guardian writers are not known for their acrostic ability because it would undermine the high seriousness of this organisation.

Bit of a clumsy effort just to get the message across IMHO

Comment

Particularly sarcastic and fumbling, but not overly appropriate sentiments, in my opinion.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I like the addendum "The reference to the rebuke by Express leader writer Stephen Bollard in his final editorial mistakenly substituted the word "you" with "off". This has been corrected."

Ah - not **** off, rather **** you. Thanks for that clarification.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

"Guardian writers are not known for their acrostic ability because it would undermine the high seriousness of this organisation."

Nice one!

Comment

Working...
            X