• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free software from Uptons ?!?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free software from Uptons ?!?

Has anyone else been sent a 'backup' copy of Quickbooks Pro 2006 with a hand written licence code from Uptons by recorded delivery or is it just me?

No reason for it, just a blank compliments slip, a CD-RW with quickbooks on and a hand written licence code on a scratty piece of paper....

Seems rather odd to say the least, especially as they are no longer my accountants.

Does it have any data?

Comment

I have absolutely no idea and don't particularly want to install it to find out.
      All I have done is pop the CD in my laptop to see what was on it, in case it was just a CD of quick books data. But no its definitely a CD for installing something and the readme.txt contains release notes for Quickbooks...

Guess I'm going to have to speak to them about it - something I never wanted to do again!

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
        All I have done is pop the CD in my laptop
        I hope you have autorun disabled.......
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Guess I'm going to have to speak to them about it - something I never wanted to do again!
          I wouldn't.

I would put it in an envelope with a note and post it back to them.

If I'm feeling especially mean I would forget to pay the postage.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
            I hope you have autorun disabled.......
            Oh yes...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Originally posted by me
              I wouldn't.

I can't - they are now ignoring me........

Comment

I can't - they are now ignoring me........
                Can't what?

There is nothing stopping you putting the CD in a padded envelope (or resealing the envelope it came in and putting their address over yours) and posting it back to them.

There is absolutely no need for you to ring them up first.
                Last edited by SueEllen; 13 July 2011, 18:29.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I suspect he means he can't speak to them as they are ignoring him......
                  Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    You may want to check with Quickbooks to see if it's a valid license.
                    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                    X