• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cousin Locked Up...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cousin Locked Up...

In a Turkish gaol

After a fracas at Dalaman Airport.

Went to front of queue at boarding gate as he had speedy boarding but some oaf didn't understand the concept, grabbed him by the collar and tried to haul him out.

My cousin's fist swiftly followed and a bit of a melee broke out.

Security detained him and the berk who grabbed him, police came and hauled their asses to gaol.

Hopefully he'll be out in no time.

Are you the new wilmslow?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Are you the new wilmslow?
      No, he's Wilmslow's cousin.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
        In a Turkish gaol

After a fracas at Dalaman Airport.

Went to front of queue at boarding gate as he had speedy boarding but some oaf didn't understand the concept, grabbed him by the collar and tried to haul him out.

My cousin's fist swiftly followed and a bit of a melee broke out.

Security detained him and the berk who grabbed him, police came and hauled their asses to gaol.

Hopefully he'll be out in no time.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I wouldn't trust the Turkish police as far as I could spit them! Right dodgy ferkers they are.

I had an accident out there, completely not my fault but they did things that were just wrong. I was parking, indicating that I wanted to cross the traffic in a big minibus. At a gap in the traffic I started to move when this idiot on a moped decided to overtake. He clipped the wing and fell off. He wasn't wearing a helmet and went into a fit. By now I was cacking it - I've seen midnight express!

The coppers turned up. Moved his bike out of the way. Started pouring water down his into his mouth, further choking him! Then they chalked round his bike, where they had moved it to. Ok a bit crap, but things then got worse. They picked the guy up and chucked him in the back of their van - no waiting for an ambulance here. Any injuries he might have had were ignored. Then I had to drive another copper, along with my wife to the hospital to check he was ok, and then onto another hospital about 10 miles away so that they could give me a breath test. I then drove him back to town and had to give over my passport and driving licence and make a statement. At one point they asked me how much money I earned. I lied! Obviously they were looking for a bit of cash to grease the wheels.

Over the next couple of days they wouldn't give me my passport - claiming it was at different police stations. I drove round trying to get hold of it, each one passing me onto the next. Eventually I was told to go to the first one again. They claimed again not to have it. I rang the British Consulate and within 2 mins the copper who told me it wasn't there came running out with my passport.

I will never go back to Turkey. If you are not a sockie I strongly suggest you contact the British Consulate for help and don't trust what the turkish police say!

Earlier the week before they actually arrested a kid because he swore at them. He swore at them because they parked on his foot and wouldn't move the car!
          Last edited by BoredBloke; 13 July 2011, 08:05.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

WTES
            Contact the British Consulate
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
            X