• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£4.5M of British design

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£4.5M of British design

T.27 from 2011

My uncle Albert's invalid carriage from 1972

I wonder how we lost our car industry?

Our visual and Engineering design is second to none, our manufacturing is shit:.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Our visual and Engineering design is second to none, our manufacturing is tulip.
      We could do it but British firms want to make money instantly, they just don't want to re-invest for the long term which is what you need if you want to build a brand.

Just as something starts to get off the ground the investors are in China with their tape measures.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I see the new car has only got three wheels like the old, but the innovative thing about the new design is that the rear wheel is on a corner, which makes turning right a doddle.

Comment

That's interesting, in one post the word tulip hasn't been changed to tulip.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            That's interesting, in one post the word tulip hasn't been changed to tulip.
            That happens if the OP uses one of the tricks to bypass the swear filter. When it's quoted it gets quoted as plain text and the filter spots it.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
            X