• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lube up and bend over taxpayers of Northern European and take your shafting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lube up and bend over taxpayers of Northern European and take your shafting

Your leaders have decided you shall subsidise the feckless southern states and so you shall.
    Unless the invisible hand of the free market saves you.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Bet it won't be as much fun as that.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

When's the next one due to join? The free market can't resist all that lovely cheap labour.

Comment

I think Europe could safely be described as a failed fiscal experiment largely at the expense of the UK and other ( once ) wealthy nations

Comment

In retrospect the UK hasn't paid its way in the world probably since the 60s. We can hardly blame the EU for this or our current self-inflicted problems.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

The UK has been in decline since the second world war. "If the empire lasts a thousand years...", it barely lasted 5.

If you want to see what your town will look like someday soon, take a day trip to one of the seaside resorts that were once booming tourist attractions. Blackpool, Skegness, Clacton,... the list goes on.

The boarded up shop fronts and decaying infrastructure is what you may already be seeing closer to home and a sign of worse things to come as cuts in public services, decline in residual wealth, and dilution of the british enterprise continues.

I'm sure it will turn out alright though when we are all on minimum wage (in real terms) with houses still costing north of ~150k.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              a sign of worse things to come as cuts in public services
              You say that like it is a bad thing. Lots of gravy-trained freeloaders doing nothing jobs at the taxpayers expense. Lay them all off and rehire for those positions where we actually notice.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I'm seeing more and more closed and boarded up shops, even on nice shopping streets, though to be fair usually I'm not looking, so this may be normal.

Comment

nope your not imagining it, when I came back to the UK for a weekend I was amazed how few people were in the town centre shopping on Saturday. Arcades now full of shut shops.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    You say that like it is a bad thing. Lots of gravy-trained freeloaders doing nothing jobs at the taxpayers expense. Lay them all off and rehire for those positions where we actually notice.
                    Those are not the cuts I'm on about. The cuts you'll notice are the ones to services not only staff.

It'll be easier for them to reduce services, such as closing libraries, reduce repairs to roads and infrastructure, than pay out redundancy to those in non-jobs.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X