• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cough up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cough up

The REAL cost of Britain's debt mountain: £78,000 for every family | This is Money

Each family in Britain owes £78K in public debt due to Labour spend spend spend.

If I were the PM I'd send round the bailiffs to every household in a Labour voting area and seize everything of value.

Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne wants the taxpayer's to see a more transparent version of the country's accounts
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I heard it was bigger than Ireland's, Greece's and Portugal's combined. Or 3 little piggies anyway.

Comment

Italy, Greece and Spain have an easy way out if they want to force some cash out of the rest of Europe; 'give us your money or we'll open our borders and consign all our coastguards to their bases.' More difficult for Ireland, Britain and Portugal, but I guess the Portuguese could hand out passports to Mozambiquans and Cape Verdeans.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Each family in Britain owes £78K in public debt due to Labour spend spend spend.

aIf I were the PM I'd send round the bailiffs to every household in a Labour voting area and seize everything of value.

Well that should claw back about £20.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Pretty easy to see why the Chancellor chose to publish those figures, apart from trying to stitch up Labour obviously.

The worse our debts look, even compared with the PIGs, the more justification we'll have for arguing we should contribute less in future EU bailouts.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Italy, Greece and Spain have an easy way out if they want to force some cash out of the rest of Europe; 'give us your money or we'll open our borders and consign all our coastguards to their bases.' More difficult for Ireland, Britain and Portugal, but I guess the Portuguese could hand out passports to Mozambiquans and Cape Verdeans.
              We could just close our borders and say you get the immigrents now, all we need is the will to police it
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                We could just close our borders and say you get the immigrents now, all we need is the will to police it
                Unless they make them EU citizens, or displace the indigenous populations toward magnet UK.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  ...and the money

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    ...and the money
                    Simple - all we need to do is to borrow some more money to cover the extra costs.

Comment

Working...
                    X