• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blank Looks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Looks

Just started a new contract and one of the guys there has a really blank, dead eyed gaze whenever anyone talks to him (which thankfully is rare). Found myself having to terminate each sentence with a "yeah" or "yes" just to try and get some indication that he is listening.

I'm not sure which is worse, that or his BO
    Coffee's for closers

I'd say the BO as it can get you whether you are talking to the guy or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Just started a new contract and one of the guys there has a really blank, dead eyed gaze whenever anyone talks to him (which thankfully is rare). Found myself having to terminate each sentence with a "yeah" or "yes" just to try and get some indication that he is listening.

he must be the linux guy

Comment

Poke him with a stick.

Comment

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Spacecadet again."

doh!

Comment

Has he tried to eat anyone, are you sure he's not a zombie ?
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Have you tried being interesting? Perhaps you're boring him to death. I once worked with a newbie BI contractor (being doing it for five years) and whenever I asked him a question he'd answer about a book he read, quoting the author, if I asked him about what he was doing that weekend it was 'reading a book' and he'd quote the author. Not saying you've ever done that though.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Have you tried being interesting? Perhaps you're boring him to death. I once worked with a newbie BI contractor (being doing it for five years) and whenever I asked him a question he'd answer about a book he read, quoting the author, if I asked him about what he was doing that weekend it was 'reading a book' and he'd quote the author. Not saying you've ever done that though.
                you've clearly spent quite some time carefully cataloguing all CUK posts for quick access regardless of how many months down the line you’ll need to reference them
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

you've clearly spent quite some time carefully cataloguing all CUK posts for quick access regardless of how many months down the line you’ll need to reference them
                  I believe it's called 'memory'.

You've been posting too much with the likes of Shaunbhoy and EternalOptimist who tend to struggle with what they had for breakfast let alone what they said the previous month.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

good effort SC. ignore the tapeworm

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X