• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Automatic Insurance Renewals...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Insurance Renewals...

How fu-cking annoying ??!!

50% Increase and I can't cancel without huge cancellation fee

It's a great scam and there's fook all you can do about it if you pay by credit card, as the insurance brokers simply bill you automatically (unless you tell them 14 days before the renewal) on the same card.

Comment

They sent you a renewal notice Shirley?
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        They sent you a renewal notice Shirley?
        They tend to put the words "automatically renew" in small print.

There is however only this excuse the 1st time you are stung, after that it is down to apathy or stupidity.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          They tend to put the words "automatically renew" in small print.

There is however only this excuse the 1st time you are stung, after that it is down to apathy or stupidity.

HTH
          Funny, I've always managed to avoid paying.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I've not had a renewal through the post, by email, by telephone or even by smoke signal...

After doing some research into this, there are some 'guidelines' that they are meant to adhere to, meaning you should explicitly select to agree to this rather than implying it through numerous pages of T's and C's. These are 'guidelines' though and not enforcable AFAIK.

It'll serve 'em right when I put a "fu-ck off" claim through this year for my stolen Rolex collection...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
              How fu-cking annoying ??!!

50% Increase and I can't cancel without huge cancellation fee
              Why did you let it auto renew after you got the letter saying it will auto renew at X price?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Why did you let it auto renew after you got the letter saying it will auto renew at X price?
                Possibly because he didn't.....

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
                I've not had a renewal through the post, by email, by telephone or even by smoke signal...

After doing some research into this, there are some 'guidelines' that they are meant to adhere to, meaning you should explicitly select to agree to this rather than implying it through numerous pages of T's and C's. These are 'guidelines' though and not enforcable AFAIK.

It'll serve 'em right when I put a "fu-ck off" claim through this year for my stolen Rolex collection...
                Still Invoicing

Comment

If you haven't received a renewal they can't stop you cancelling, the AA tried to do me for this earlier in the year, kicked up a fuss and the refunded what they took
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Kwik-Fit-up insurance did teh same to me, even after I called to cancel the renewal. Then they demanded a 450 quid cancellation fee. They refuse to confirm my no-claims bonus for last year until I pay (which I wont be).

Got a letter from their bully boys demanding payment, so I called them and said, 'right, pick a date for court, cos my current client is the UKs biggest insurer, andf I know that you record every single call'. They backed down. But still no NCD proof. Just about to put in a formal written complaint, as the FSA take tese very seriously, and it really fooks their day up.
                    World's Best Martini

Comment

Working...
                    X