• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

defence secretary : international laws are a hindrance to uk troops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

defence secretary : international laws are a hindrance to uk troops

who's the terrorist ?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/...746322,00.html

Problem of guerillas shooting in the back and blowing IEDs on the side of the road can be easily and cheaply solved by not invading countries.

The real funny thing is that if he thinks that by treating guerillas badly would somehow make the difference - why would people who are ready to blow themselves up in a carbomb care if he would apply XRay techniques to them like simulated drawning (sp?)?

Also, AFAIK, countries already allowed to make pre-emptive strikes, but for this there should be clear and present danger, say enemy's army massing on its borders.... that would have made it legal for Iraq to attack US army unloading in Kuweit and elsewehere, strange laws eh?
    Last edited by AtW; 4 April 2006, 08:23.

Comment

I especially like this quote from the article:-

"We are finding an enemy which obeys no rules whatsoever", he said, referring to what he called "barbaric terrorism".

Was this a quote by....

(a) John Reid our esteemed defence secretary

or

(b) a citizen of the illegally invaded sovereign country of Iraq

Comment

This is the same sort of New Labour thinking as:

* Trying to remove the power of the upper house to veto their legislation

* Lying to get parliamentary support for invading another country

* Implementing ID cards and woolly terrorism laws

They simply want the power to do whatever they like.

Comment

Can you blame them? I would love the power to do whatever i like

Comment

I seem to recall Georgie boy saying the war was over...

Comment

Err, no, that was John and Yoko, shirley

Originally posted by Churchill
              I seem to recall Georgie boy saying the war was over...
              So just how old did I say I was?
              Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Problem of guerillas shooting in the back and blowing IEDs on the side of the road can be easily and cheaply solved by not invading countries.
                No, the problem can be solved by the following, often quoted, solution:

"I say we take off, and nuke the site from orbit. Its the only way to be sure."

Instead of worrying about places like Iraq/Iran, as the imam said, Israel - sorry I meant Iran - [should] be wiped off the map.

Joe in "if it's good enough for Ahmadinejad it's good enough for me" mode.

Comment

Working...
                X