• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone read any Feynman books?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone read any Feynman books?

Been doing a bit of reading on parallel computing and due to his work at thinking computers I am tempted to pick up a copy of "What Do You Care What Other People Think?"

Would really like to read about his critique on NASA with his time on the Rogers Commission which (I think) blames the failures of the group on non technical managers running technical people.

Other than that he seems like an incredibly gifted person from his time working on the A-bomb right through to his part in building the connection machines.

Anyone read any of his books?

I've got 'QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter' which is very good. He had a gift for explaining difficult concepts and making you feel clever because you got it.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I've just read 'Green Eggs and Ham'

Actually I also hate that Sam I Am, and to be honest I'm fairly convinced that fella is going to get food poisoning off that dish especially due to the Health & Safety issues concerning they way Sam tries to serve it.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

'Six easy pieces' was just that.

'Six not so easy pieces' was just that also, I had to read the sections over a few times but got there in the end... sort of.

'Surely you're joking' is still on my shelf.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Anyone read any of his books?
          Do they have pictures?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

pm me if you want any of the following:

Perfectly Reasonable Deviations From the Beaten Track - R. Feynman (Basic, 2005).pdf
            The Genesis of Feynman Diagrams - A. Wuthrich (Springer, 2010).pdf
            Feynman Lectures on Gravitation - R. Feynman, et al., (Addison-Wesley, 1995).djvu
            Feynman Lectures on Physics - vol 1.pdf
            Feynman Lectures on Physics - vol 2.pdf
            Feynman Lectures on Physics - vol 3.pdf
            Feynman Motives - M. Marcolli (World, 2010).pdf
            Feynman's Thesis - A New Approach to Quantum Mechanics - L. Brown (World, 2005).pdf
            Genius - The Life and Science of Richard Feynman [biography] - J Gleick.pdf
            Quantum Gravitation - The Feynman Path Integral Approach - H. Hamber (Springer, 2009).pdf
            Quantum Mechanics and Path Integrals [Emended Edn] - R. Feynman, A. Hibbs (Dover, 2005).pdf
            Richard Feynman - Quarks, Bombs and Bongos [biography] - H. Henderson (Chelsea House, 2011).pdf
            Richard P Feynman, Surely You're Joking, Mr Feynman.pdf
            Selected Papers of Richard Feynman With Commentary - L. Brown (World, 2000).pdf
            The Theory of Fundamental Processes [particle physics] - R. Feynman (Westview, 1998).pdf
            Drawing Feynman Diagrams With LaTeX and METAFONT Thorsten Ohl (1995).pdf
            Statistical Mechanics - a Set of Lectures - R. Feynman (Benjamin, 1972).pdf
            The Feynman Integral and Feynman's Operational Calculus - G. Johnson, M. Lapidus (Oxford, 2000).djvu
            Differential Geom. and Phys. Basis for Appl. of Feynman Diagrams [jnl article] - S. Marateck (2006).pdf
            Feynman Challenger investigation.pdf
            Feynman Cycles in the Bose Gas [jnl article] - D. Ueltschi (2006).pdf
            Feynman Diagram Analyzer DIANA [jnl article] - M. Tentukov (1999).pdf
            Feynman Diagrams and Cutting Rules [jnl article] - J. Rozowsky (1997).pdf
            Feynman Diagrams and the KdV Hierarchy [jnl article] - D. Fiorenza (2006).pdf
            Feynman Diagrams for Pedestrians and Mathematicians [jnl article] - M. Polyak (2004).pdf
            Feynman Diagrams via Graphical Calculus [jnl article] - D. Fiorenza (2001).pdf
            Feynman Diagrams, Hopf Algebras and Renormalization [jnl article] - H. Ratsimbarison (2006).pdf
            Feynman Mathematical Formulation Of Quantum Electrodynamics (Phys Rev 80, 1950)(T)(18S).djvu
            Feynman's Approach to the Foundations of Gauge Theory [jnl article] - M. Land (1995).pdf
            Feynman's Derivation of Maxwells Equations and Extra Dimensions [jnl article] - Z. Silagadze (2002).pdf
            Feynman's Simple Quantum Mechanics - [jnl article] E.Taylor (1987).pdf
            Feynman's Thesis - A New Approach to Quantum Mechanics - L. Brown (World, 2005).pdf
            Feynman's Tips on Physics [Prob. Solving Suppl. to the Lects...] - R Feynman et al (Pearson, 2006).djvu
            Feynman's Tips on Physics [Prob. Solving Suppl. to the Lects...] - R. Feynman, et al., (Pearson, 2006).pdf
            Field Theory Without Feynman Diagrams [jnl article] - M. Strassler (1992).pdf
            Infinite Dimensional Analysis and Appls to Feynman Integrals [thesis] - W. Westerkamp (2003).pdf
            Mathematical Formulation Of Quantum Electrodynamics - [jnl article] R. Feynman (Phys Rev 80, 1950).djvu
            Near-Threshold Expansion of Feynman Diagrams - E Mendels.pdf
            Richard P. Feynman, Surely You're Joking, Mr Feynman.pdf

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              pm me if you want any of the following:

Perfectly Reasonable Deviations From the Beaten Track - R. Feynman (Basic, 2005).pdf
              The Genesis of Feynman Diagrams - A. Wuthrich (Springer, 2010).pdf
              Feynman Lectures on Gravitation - R. Feynman, et al., (Addison-Wesley, 1995).djvu
              Feynman Lectures on Physics - vol 1.pdf
              Feynman Lectures on Physics - vol 2.pdf
              Feynman Lectures on Physics - vol 3.pdf
              Feynman Motives - M. Marcolli (World, 2010).pdf
              Genius - The Life and Science of Richard Feynman [biography] - J Gleick.pdf
              Quantum Gravitation - The Feynman Path Integral Approach - H. Hamber (Springer, 2009).pdf
              Quantum Mechanics and Path Integrals [Emended Edn] - R. Feynman, A. Hibbs (Dover, 2005).pdf
              Richard Feynman - Quarks, Bombs and Bongos [biography] - H. Henderson (Chelsea House, 2011).pdf
              Richard P Feynman, Surely You're Joking, Mr Feynman.pdf
              Selected Papers of Richard Feynman With Commentary - L. Brown (World, 2000).pdf
              The Theory of Fundamental Processes [particle physics] - R. Feynman (Westview, 1998).pdf
              Drawing Feynman Diagrams With LaTeX and METAFONT Thorsten Ohl (1995).pdf
              Statistical Mechanics - a Set of Lectures - R. Feynman (Benjamin, 1972).pdf
              The Feynman Integral and Feynman's Operational Calculus - G. Johnson, M. Lapidus (Oxford, 2000).djvu
              Differential Geom. and Phys. Basis for Appl. of Feynman Diagrams [jnl article] - S. Marateck (2006).pdf
              Feynman Challenger investigation.pdf
              Feynman Cycles in the Bose Gas [jnl article] - D. Ueltschi (2006).pdf
              Feynman Diagram Analyzer DIANA [jnl article] - M. Tentukov (1999).pdf
              Feynman Diagrams and Cutting Rules [jnl article] - J. Rozowsky (1997).pdf
              Feynman Diagrams and the KdV Hierarchy [jnl article] - D. Fiorenza (2006).pdf
              Feynman Diagrams for Pedestrians and Mathematicians [jnl article] - M. Polyak (2004).pdf
              Feynman Diagrams via Graphical Calculus [jnl article] - D. Fiorenza (2001).pdf
              Feynman Diagrams, Hopf Algebras and Renormalization [jnl article] - H. Ratsimbarison (2006).pdf
              Feynman Mathematical Formulation Of Quantum Electrodynamics (Phys Rev 80, 1950)(T)(18S).djvu
              Feynman's Approach to the Foundations of Gauge Theory [jnl article] - M. Land (1995).pdf
              Feynman's Derivation of Maxwells Equations and Extra Dimensions [jnl article] - Z. Silagadze (2002).pdf
              Feynman's Simple Quantum Mechanics - [jnl article] E.Taylor (1987).pdf
              Feynman's Tips on Physics [Prob. Solving Suppl. to the Lects...] - R Feynman et al (Pearson, 2006).djvu
              Feynman's Tips on Physics [Prob. Solving Suppl. to the Lects...] - R. Feynman, et al., (Pearson, 2006).pdf
              Field Theory Without Feynman Diagrams [jnl article] - M. Strassler (1992).pdf
              Infinite Dimensional Analysis and Appls to Feynman Integrals [thesis] - W. Westerkamp (2003).pdf
              Mathematical Formulation Of Quantum Electrodynamics - [jnl article] R. Feynman (Phys Rev 80, 1950).djvu
              Near-Threshold Expansion of Feynman Diagrams - E Mendels.pdf
              Richard P. Feynman, Surely You're Joking, Mr Feynman.pdf

Wow! How big would a zip file of that lot be?
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Six Easy Pieces, a very readable overview of physics in a passionate, concise style by a brilliant, very likeable character.

And here's that lovely video with him singing, though its off-topic.

Comment

The filmed lectures are brilliant, and give a good idea what to expect in written form in some of his stuff.

Its all CGI and platitudes these days.

Comment

Working...
                  X