• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Doom

Britain debt: Taxes to rise by 12p and we'll be suffering for 50 years | Mail Online

Tax rises for next 50 years.

I hope the Labour voters are enjoying this.

The UK depends on small number of high earners.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...OBR-finds.html

The question is, if you're a high earner are you going to stick around paying 60% tax?
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 14 July 2011, 10:48.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Britain debt: Taxes to rise by 12p and we'll be suffering for 50 years | Mail Online

Tax rises for next 50 years.

Ah, but Labour's mass immigration policy means they might never work again and hence pay those taxes, so swings and roundabouts. It is hard to see what benefit the working man derives from voting Labour, as they seem to screw him more than any political party.

Comment

Quite TW.

I note usual stuff in DT article about ageing "population". Beats me why we don't make far more use of the aged in part time jobs etc. Problem is not that they all can't work or don't want to, they are not given the chance.

One impediment is the prevailing idea that salary should always go up. If you can't do as much it may need to reduce.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Actually they will be loving it, percentages of small amounts are very small amounts, I am paying more tax per year than whole labour voting areas do in a decade.

Comment

Working...
          X