• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just got lucky!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got lucky!

Just checked last night's lottery ticket and I've had some luck.

I've got 4 numbers! I've got 4 numbers!

Not sure what that will pay out ; just shy of a grand maybe?

Will be putting the winnings towards my big trip to Brooklyn to see my family later in the year.

Bing!

Pacha

Just shy of 65 quid maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post

Just shy of 65 quid maybe.
      WHS - That's about all my four netted on the one and only occasion they've ever come up.

Face it, it's the jackpot or nothing

(maybe five and the bonus also, although even that is typically only fifty grand or so unless it's a double rollover)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I got 4 and the bonus a few months back, the other 2 numbers were 1 out.

I rarely do the Lotto though.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

£65? oh how the winnings have fallen.

I got 4 numbers ages ago when the lottery first started and got £141.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I also got 4 numbers ages ago, the first ever lottery draw. I won £44.

whoop whoop

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              £65? oh how the winnings have fallen.

I got 4 numbers ages ago when the lottery first started and got £141.
              I think I got about the same the last time I got 4.

Did get five and the bonus in the the very early days (either first or second week) and that was decent
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

On the national lottery A huge chunk of the prize fund is taken up by the £10 win (41%). Personally I'd scrap that and distribute the £10 prize fund onver the 4 and 5 number prizes.

Using the figures from the dwar on 10/02/2010 (for no reason in particular except it was the first I found on my phone)

The breakdown was as follows

Prize Amount Numbers Total Prize Fund
                6 £4,779,389.00 1 £4,779,389.00
                5+1 £81,698.00 18 £1,470,564.00
                5 £1,959.00 469 £918,771.00
                4 £72.00 27789 £2,000,808.00
                3 £10.00 648922 £6,489,220.00
                Total £15,658,752.00

If you split the almost £6.5 million over the 4 and 5 ball wins, in the ration of the current split (31:69) then the winning change to the ones shown below

Prize Amount
                6 £4,779,389.00
                5+1 £81,698.00
                5 £6,313.18
                4 £232.03

I know on the rare occasion that I get 4 I'd be much happier getting £232 instead of £72
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                X