• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New bank? Santander/Abbey not fit for purpose

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bank? Santander/Abbey not fit for purpose

Can anyone recommend a decent free business bank? I need to leave Santander/Abbey because their website seems to be permanently down. Right now I am trying to pay a tax bill which is due in the next few days, and I am being prevented from paying it because of Santander/Abbey's incompetence.
    Cats are evil.

Noticed Santander were looking bob heavy yesterday when I walked past their office.

Comment

Investec
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

you could always phone them and get the payment made

i've never had a prob with them and i use them for several companies and accounts

Comment

HSBC

You know the Chinese are not going to run out of money
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            HSBC

You know the Chinese are not going to run out of money
            YAPS

When I last looked at bank accounts in 2006 the only one I thought I could really trust was HSBC. Nothing since then has changed my opinion.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Business bank is with Lloyds, nothing spectacular but not a member of the faster payment scheme so takes 3 days for electronic transfers.

Personal bank is with Natwest and I can't recommend them enough, payments through the same day and if you have an iPhone a great app for balance transfers etc.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Santander always worked fine for me, and their phone service has been OK. I've accounts with them and HSBC and I wouldn't say one was much better, my main issue with HSBC is they force me to use a stupid security device I have to take with me when I travel!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I use Cater Allen and don't have any problems.
                  Loopy Loo

Comment

Originally posted by lje View Post
                    I use Cater Allen and don't have any problems.
                    Me to and their part of Santander

Comment

Working...
                    X