• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help - The umbrella i work through is not paying me and has closed down !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - The umbrella i work through is not paying me and has closed down !

Hi ,

I am a contractor and am using an umbrella company called Tract Management Ltd. , this company has not paid me for 45 days and owes me around £8000. They intially told me they would pay each 45 days ( 1.5 month cycles).

I have been trying to call and send them emails but don't have any reply from them.
    What are my legal options ? how can I get my money back ?

I am contracting for the 1st time and am really in a fix, all help and advice is much appreciated.

How do you know the umbrella has closed?

Comment

Would help to name them and do a bit of research on companies house.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What about the agent that pays your umbrella? Are they still around?
        Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Tract management perchance?
          World's Best Martini

Comment

Sweet jeebus, what a nightmare, good luck, please let the forum know what happens...

Who is your umbrella ?

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
              Tract management perchance?
              If it is....

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...anagement.html
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I just got the tract management liquidation letter too. Guess there's nothing we can do?

Comment

Can anyone advise if you have outstanding invoice with your umbrella company when they go into liquidation that are yet to be paid to the umbrella from the end company, if there is any recourse to have those payments stopped and reinvoiced through a new company?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie81 View Post
                    Can anyone advise if you have outstanding invoice with your umbrella company when they go into liquidation that are yet to be paid to the umbrella from the end company, if there is any recourse to have those payments stopped and reinvoiced through a new company?
                    Yes of course..... I'm also affected by this <mod snip>

You could change your umbrella company at anytime unless you've contractually agreed not to. (which I'd suggest is highly unlikely). Couple of admin loops to go through & that'd be it. What the immediate priority needs to be is to ensure you suspend any outstanding invoices that are due to be paid to Tract by your agency...
                    madAny funds already transferred to them will be gone though....

Comment

Working...
                    X