• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold

Return of the Gold Standard as world order unravels - Telegraph

One of the big US banks texted me today to say that if QE3 actually happens, we could see gold at $5,000

I'm alright Jack

DimPrawn, no longer a millionaire.

Now a multi-millionaire.

I've produced a video I'm so excited.

Comment

George Soros reckons gold's a bubble waiting to burst.

So do I empty my BullionVault account or dump more cash in it?
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I seem to have wandered into the stupid thread. Bye!
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          George Soros reckons gold's a bubble waiting to burst.

So do I empty my BullionVault account or dump more cash in it?
          Gold will plummet 99% in value when interest rates are well above inflation. As US are talking about an even bigger money printing exercise instead, I'll leave you to decide which way gold is going to go in the meantime.

Comment

As I don't own any physical gold (the only type that matters) I'm hoping these announcements are by gold rampers looking to cash in at the peak they create.

There seems to be some enormous bubbles in the invesment world. Gold, property, various internet companies valued in the billions or trillions that are making relatively sod all profit. The last one seems familiar.

What will eventually pop all these bubbles this time?
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              As I don't own any physical gold (the only type that matters) I'm hoping these announcements are by gold rampers looking to cash in at the peak they create.

There seems to be some enormous bubbles in the invesment world. Gold, property, various internet companies valued in the billions or trillions that are making relatively sod all profit. The last one seems familiar.

What will eventually pop all these bubbles this time?
              All tanglible physical things as opposed to paper being printed in it's trillion. Have a read of this Hyperinflation in the Weimar Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And then decide whether you would rather own some gold, some property and some shares in a business or a billion paper marks.

Comment

Difference is we have the internet now and all money is just digits in a computer.

If things got so bad as to be truly comparable to the 1920s depression I don't think people will sit at home while those holding gold laugh at them on facebook.

The breaking point may well be when they can't afford the Sky subscriptions.

I think a global debt write-off is more likely. Who are the real creditors to all the national debts anyway?
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

You can't be sure if the gold is real

BBC NEWS | World | Africa | Arrests over Ethiopia's fake gold
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                    Who are the real creditors to all the national debts anyway?
                    That will be your pension fund.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X