• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blood curdling news from the City

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood curdling news from the City

'A Tsunami' Of Job Cuts, As Up To 80,000 Layoffs Loom - HereIsTheCity.com

I'm alright Jack

Excellent news! More bonus for those remaining.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

And this is bad news how exactly?

I'm loving it. Hope they are mortgaged up to the eyeballs too.

bwrs

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

bwrs
        If the culls are of traders then no, they would have paid cash for their townhouses in Wandsworth and mansions in Surrey.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

bwrs
          Think it might be you who is the if you think that all people who work in banks are equally responsible for the credit crisis.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            Think it might be you who is the if you think that all people who work in banks are equally responsible for the credit crisis.
            DP is just a bitter, poor, sad old man. Life hasn't treated him kindly.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              If the culls are of traders then no, they would have paid peanuts for their compact and bijou townhouses in Wandsworth
              ftfy

The problem you have sas is that you keep harping on as if an "expensive" house in London (regardless of the postcode!) is something to be chuffed about.
              The reason London prices are so overhyped is the proximity to jobs. Many of these jobs pay a lot of money, but only because you need to earn a lot of money to afford the inflated prices.
              It is a bit like bragging about having the best perch in the battery hen warehouse.
              Of course, those of us who are "free range", snigger at your stupidity in having got yourself into the position of being such a houseprice bore. All this whilst we enjoy a quality of life you are too dozy to even realise you are missing out upon.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

bwrs
                Losing 80,000 jobs in any sector, let alone the UK's most profitable, is not exactly good news for the economy is it.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  ftfy

The problem you have sas is that you keep harping on as if an "expensive" house in London (regardless of the postcode!) is something to be chuffed about.
                  The reason London prices are so overhyped is the proximity to jobs. Many of these jobs pay a lot of money, but only because you need to earn a lot of money to afford the inflated prices.
                  It is a bit like bragging about having the best perch in the battery hen warehouse.
                  Of course, those of us who are "free range", snigger at your stupidity in having got yourself into the position of being such a houseprice bore. All this whilst we enjoy a quality of life you are too dozy to even realise you are missing out upon.

And the problem with you, SB is that you're a dull, unsuccessful, brain-dead moron.

HTH
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    And the problem with you, SB is that you're a dull, unsuccessful, brain-dead moron.

HTH
                    Jesus man, change the record.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X