• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Refurb Goods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refurb Goods

I bought a MP3 player at the weekend but, like and idiot, didn't notice the refurbished part in the description. While refurbished would not be a problem if the goods in question were in mint condition, in this case, there are scratches on the unit and it looks somewhat tatty. Short of 'breaking it' (it has a 12 month warranty) is there anything which can be done to get my cash back. I have not yet approached the shop where I bought it from.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

My fave trick is to say I bought it as a gift and the recipient doesn't want it.

Comment

Sorry, my fault, I thought you were talking about cosmetic surgery...

I'll get my lead.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
        My fave trick is to say I bought it as a gift and the recipient doesn't want it.
        Yeah,
        but you are a bint. Shop attendants excpect that kind of gormless lack of planning from you. With blokes it is different. We are expected to put some thought into buying presents.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

If it's an ipod it'll be knackered within 12 months anyway.

Comment

If you bought it online you can send it back under the Distance Selling Regs.

Comment

Originally posted by cswd
              I'll vouch for that - I'm on my 4th one now (iPod nano this time).
              Why did you get another?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
              X