• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying Mileage and Accomodation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying Mileage and Accomodation

Am I amble to claim both Paying Mileage and Accomodation, if I am staying outside of London can I claim the cost of the accomodation and then the mileage from the hotel into London?
    Insert Witty Signature Here

Yes, in principle, but it depends on your own circumstances.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Sounds fine

Based on the info you have supplied, this is probably OK. So long as the travel and hotel accommodation are purely work related, this sounds fine.
      2012 CUK Reader Awards - '...Capital City Accountancy, all of whom were outside the top three yet still won compliments from CUK readers for their services' - well, its not an award, but we'll take it! - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
      2011 CUK Reader Awards - Top 3 - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
      || Check us out at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/capi...ccountancy-ltd

Comment

Why wouldn't it be okay?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Why wouldn't it be okay?
          Perhaps he falls foul of the 40% or 24 month rules? Perhaps he has his family staying there so it isn't just for business? Perhaps he lives within a couple of miles of the hotel but he's living there while his house is being repaired?
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            Perhaps he falls foul of the 40% or 24 month rules? Perhaps he has his family staying there so it isn't just for business? Perhaps he lives within a couple of miles of the hotel but he's living there while his house is being repaired?
            Whats the 40% rule?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Whats the 40% rule?
              EIM32080 - Travel expenses: travel for necessary attendance: definitions: temporary workplace: limited duration, the 24 month rule
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ah, I only knew it as 24 months, didn't know about the 40% too
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Ah, I only knew it as 24 months, didn't know about the 40% too
                  Nothing is every simple with HMRC
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

And the 40% part is only relevant if one will be at a temporary work place (or expected to be) for 24 months or more? Si? Non?
                    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
                    X