• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Silly Everyday IT Expressions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly Everyday IT Expressions

How many can we think of?

I'll get us started. "The server has fallen over."

We haven't found any defects
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

#2 - I'm testing it in the sand pit

Comment

THe gf finds the term bounce hilarious, "I will be home in an hour I need to bounce the server" "wtf does that mean?" "I will home in an hour".

Dump, the first time I heard that was in a uni lecture "the Oracle server does a dump every Saturday night" 10 seconds later the first snigger happens, 1 second later the next one happens. THen it turned into full scale sniggering.

I think I spend most of my time dumping, blasting and bouncing.

Comment

A former girlfriend found the term "I will be home in an hour" to be, ahem, over optimistic.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            A former girlfriend found the term "I will be home in an hour" to be, ahem, over optimistic.
            Why, was the traffic good and you turned up in 30min?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Count yourself lucky you do not play the drums.

"I double stroked on the ride and rimmed on the four, the triplets were difficult but I think I nailed them"

While that may explain a beat it would probably get you arrested if you said that on a train.

Comment

ClientCo's helpdesk frequently say : "The internet is down".

My mother had a conversation with NTL and the support guy was asking her to delete her cookies. I think she thought he'd lost the plot. "My what???"

Comment

I once tried to send a visio diagram via email at work. One of those automated security warning emails bounced back to my email, it told me that I was in breach of some security policy. I phoned up the security guys who looked into my visio email attachment. Our 'FAG servers' were the cause of my problem. Their email scans for naughty words, fag being one of them.

I always love working at US companies

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    THe gf finds the term bounce hilarious, "I will be home in an hour I need to bounce the server" "wtf does that mean?" "I will home in 2-3 hours".

FTFY
                    Last edited by centurian; 17 July 2011, 15:19.

Comment

Working...
                    X