• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Chaps and chaplettes

I need to have this sorted, but want the cheapest and best option, who would you clever folks recommend?

nice one.

Cheapest option is to skip the insurance and then not **** anything up.

HTH BIDI

Comment

its absolutely necessary

Comment

Qdos - Pay monthly and cancel when you're done.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

See thread below I started a while back.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...insurance.html

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Cheapest option is to skip the insurance and then not **** anything up.

HTH BIDI
            Not everyone has a low-level, non-business-critical, public-sector role like you where it doesn't matter if you balls it up.

HTH
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Depends what you business area are contracting in as some people get away with £250K while others need £5 Million

You will however find that most of the insurance brokers will use the same underwriters to insure you so the different in price is a few quid.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Not everyone has a low-level, non-business-critical, public-sector role like you where it doesn't matter if you balls it up.

HTH
                You've described my current role, they still insisted.

When I was working on fuel and landing gear test rigs they never asked.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

nice one folks!
                  I went with the wise gingerjedi's recommendation, cheap as a chips and the flexibility to cancel after a few months is what I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Depends what you business area are contracting in
                    It must do. In over 12 years of contracting I've neither had insurance (for anything contracting related) or been asked to prove I have any.

It's probably more relevant if you work on critical systems where one slip can be fatal. As a developer I can always blame the testers.

I think my aversion to optional insurances stems from my dad always getting insurance on everything he buys, and seeing how much it all adds up to. Currys et al must love him.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X