• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greece defaults!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greece defaults!

Placeholder for now
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Greece is the word..

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Greece is the word..
      Actually, the bird is the word.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Placeholder for now
        Git!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Greece is the word..
        It's got debts and it's leaving.

Comment

Greece is the way we are feeling...

Gold reaches record high as markets stressed by banks and eurozone worries - Telegraph

Comment

Aye.

Not contented with breaking up the union of the united kingdom the speculators look at what other unions they can break up.

I feel they'll not be met with success on this one, the reason being the sense of union is far stronger on the continent than here in the UK. For some Londoners that is out-with their understanding.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I feel they'll not be met with success on this one, the reason being the sense of union is far stronger on the continent than here in the UK. For some Londoners that is out-with their understanding.
              You really are a moron, aren't you with your romantic views of "sense of union"?
              Lets see how this this sense deals with the cold hard facts of basic economics i.e. that many Europeans have paid themselves far too much to do bugger all.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                You really are a moron, aren't you with your romantic views of "sense of union"?
                Lets see how this this sense deals with the cold hard facts of basic economics i.e. that many Europeans have paid themselves far too much to do bugger all.
                Like Londoners?

It seems to me those who shout loudest are destined to fall the hardest. How rage will manifest itself.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The US is more likely to default than Greece IMO.

The rump of the repayment of Greece's outstanding debt was due in 2010. Once they get past the end of this year, which they will, they are home free. Even if the markets refuse to lend to the PIIGS at all you are talking about perhaps €600 billion more in loans from the ECB being required. It's a lot of money yes, but not beyond the realms of possibility so I don't believe there will be a sovereign default in the eurozone at all.

The US government is being held to ransom by ideologically motivated fundamentalist lunatics. Far more dangerous than what is going on in Europe.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Spare the rod spoil the child, they have to be taught a lesson in my view. They seem to have no concept of the shit: they are in and the people that run Europe have no concept that they have to be hung out to dry on this.

The fragility of the European financial system is so evident when a loose cannon under performing state on the periphery of the continent is dragging the continent down and Germany and FRance have to learn that as much as Greece has to learn 2 day weeks and 15 month salaries are unsustainable.

Comment

Working...
                    X