Or should that be lulz? :eyes

Doggy Styles
19th July 2011, 13:25
Tits And Bums On Sunday

Sorry, where was I?

PAH
19th July 2011, 13:34
Tits And Bums On Sunday

I asked my journalist mate the other week why red tops generally have a half naked bird on page 3 Monday to Friday but not on a Saturday.

He said it was because more families read the paper at the weekend and they wanted to portray a cleaner image. :rollin:

He should have been a comedian.

Zippy
19th July 2011, 13:38
And they're off! Big fat hen ...

PAH
19th July 2011, 13:50
Go it live on the BBC site.

BBC News - James and Rupert Murdoch grilled by MPs (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14193124)

Wonder who will be the first to throw some shoes.

Zippy
19th July 2011, 13:54
Bugger that, I've nealy got a line on the bingo card

Clippy
19th July 2011, 13:58
Go it live on the BBC site.

BBC News - James and Rupert Murdoch grilled by MPs (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14193124)

Wonder who will be the first to throw some shoes.

:laugh

cailin maith
19th July 2011, 13:58
Patrick Kielty on Twitter -

Breaking News - Rupert Murdoch tells MPs the truth - "I've given you ungrateful limey bastards Page 3 and Sky Plus - Now **** off"

Clippy
19th July 2011, 14:02
I missed the beginning so don't know, but are the Murdochs answering questions under oath or did the MP's decide not to do this?

Zippy
19th July 2011, 14:04
I missed the beginning so don't know, but are the Murdochs answering questions under oath or did the MP's decide not to do this?

I don't think they took an oath but the Beeb cut to it just as they were sitting down.

Clippy
19th July 2011, 14:05
I don't think they took an oath but the Beeb cut to it just as they were sitting down.

Thanks Zips.

I'm guessing not.

DaveB
19th July 2011, 14:09
So far it looks like Rupert is going for the Plausable Deniabilty option. That or he really doesnt have much of an idea of what is actually going on in NI these days.

chef
19th July 2011, 14:11
mr murdoch, a parlimentary enquiry found that the senior execs of News Corp Uk were guilty of collective ammensia and you cant remember anyone telling you this fact?

<murdoch shrugs shoulders>

Zippy
19th July 2011, 14:12
So far it looks like Rupert is going for the Plausable Deniabilty option. That or he really doesnt have much of an idea of what is actually going on in NI these days.

The Boy Murdoch certainly seems to be trying to cover for him.

cailin maith
19th July 2011, 14:13

Trying to help him out I think!

It's cringey :frown

DaveB
19th July 2011, 14:14
1509: Rupert Murdoch also visited Gordon Brown via the back door

No wonder we're getting shafted by the media :rolleyes:

DaveB
19th July 2011, 14:16

I'm waiting for the "Oh F**K" moment from James when Dad says something he really shouldn't have.

DaveB
19th July 2011, 14:31
Most sensible thing I've ever seen George Michael say...

1523: Pop singer George Michael tweets: It must be great to be so close to your own father that he can use u as a human shield. Dad of the year....

rhubarb
19th July 2011, 14:39
That guy coughing in the background is really getting on my tits.

Zippy
19th July 2011, 14:42
Trying to help him out I think!

It's cringey :frown

The cynic in me is now thinking it's delberate - Rupert Murdoch has never been known for being equivocal or overly compassionate. You wouldn't beat up an old man would you?

Zippy
19th July 2011, 14:44
That guy coughing in the background is really getting on my tits.

Do you think it's one of the lawyers acting in a "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire" stylee?

SueEllen
19th July 2011, 14:50
Not knowing is not an excuse.

Particularly as Rebekah Brooks stated previously when sitting next to James Murdoch in front of a previous committee that they paid policemen.

rhubarb
19th July 2011, 14:50
Do you think it's one of the lawyers acting in a "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire" stylee?

:grin

1 cough for yes, 2 coughs for no, 3 coughs for run like the wind.

SueEllen
19th July 2011, 14:54
:grin

1 cough for yes, 2 coughs for no, 3 coughs for run like the wind.

More like:

1 cough for "I don't know" , 2 coughs for "I was not aware of that", 3 coughs for "I don't have any direct knowledge" or similar.

Clippy
19th July 2011, 14:55
You see all those people behind the Murdochs, they must be their legal team who are on the clock.

Kerchingggggggggggggggggggggg...

PAH
19th July 2011, 15:11
I can only see legs. :o

I think they've been watching Top Gear on how to position women in the audience so the male viewers doesn't flick over too soon.

Clippy
19th July 2011, 15:54
Ooh, some nutter went for Murdoch Snr.

cailin maith
19th July 2011, 15:55
OMG - can't believe that happened.

Wendi gave whoever it was a bloody good slap though!

rhubarb
19th July 2011, 15:55

..and 4 coughs for slap the old man.

Clippy
19th July 2011, 15:56

G'wan Wendi.

Keeping it street. :laugh

Bunk
19th July 2011, 15:57

Just saw that. What an idiot. Looks like he's got white paint or something on his face and shirt. Maybe he was trying to pour it on Murdoch.

Clippy
19th July 2011, 15:58
Just saw that. What an idiot. Looks like he's got white paint or something on his face and shirt. Maybe he was trying to pour it on Murdoch.

Agreed.

Absolute twat - probably the only occasion that the Murdochs will be questioned in this way and some idiot decides to throw a custard pie or similar at him.

Zippy
19th July 2011, 15:59

Blimey! You wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of her. :laugh
Looks like he tried to chuck paint.

MarillionFan
19th July 2011, 15:59
It's the story that just keeps giving.

I was going to go for a Murdoch being arrested at the end of this.

cailin maith
19th July 2011, 16:01
G'wan Wendi.

Keeping it street. :laugh

Damn right - I wouldn't cross her.

Pondlife
19th July 2011, 16:02
Beeb is saying shaving foam

Clippy
19th July 2011, 16:03
Damn right - I wouldn't cross her.

She fine too. :tongue

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/wendy-murdoch-gday-usa-australia-week-2009-0PDYfm.jpg

Pondlife
19th July 2011, 16:04
I'm guessing it will be on youtube in 5....4....3....

cailin maith
19th July 2011, 16:04
Cannot believe the police did not stop him. Bloody disgrace.

Pondlife
19th July 2011, 16:05
She fine too. :tongue

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/wendy-murdoch-gday-usa-australia-week-2009-0PDYfm.jpg

Hmmm... so what first attracted you to the billionaire media mogul?

Zippy
19th July 2011, 16:06

WSS. Looked like they got Rupert with the custard pie.

Clippy
19th July 2011, 16:08
News in...Wendi grabbed the plate of foam and repeatedly whacked the assailant whilst shouting "I got him, I got him".

Brilliant. :laugh

Pondlife
19th July 2011, 16:10
Entry security must have been good then. How the hell do you get in with;

1) a plate
2) shaving foam

FFS

Spacecadet
19th July 2011, 16:14
I can only see legs. :o

I think they've been watching Top Gear on how to position women in the audience so the male viewers doesn't flick over too soon.

So it's not just me who has the opinion that the more attractive female audience members are strategically placed in camera shot by during the studio segements

Clippy
19th July 2011, 16:14
Hmm, bit of an attention grabbing question by the MP re: 9/11 victims phones being potentially hacked.

Guess what the US press will be leading with.

Nice way to raise your profile.

Pondlife
19th July 2011, 16:15
Tonights twitter trend will be #jonniemarblesisatwat

watch this space

rsingh
19th July 2011, 16:15

They hadn't been paid.

PAH
19th July 2011, 16:18
So it's not just me who has the opinion that the more attractive female audience members are strategically placed in camera shot by during the studio segements

They make useful bouncers too, when the official security is a bit tulipe.

I have a feeling the shaving foam pie was a stunt by the murdochs after the inquisition dragged on, as a way of getting proceeding stopped. Brooks was supposed to be taking the stand at 15:30. Maybe she arranged it as she has dinner with the PM later. :laugh

centurian
19th July 2011, 16:30
What an utter plonker. All he's done is elevate Murdoch to victim status. Instead of a grilling, he's going to get an apology now - plus pundits now giving their admiration to him for sticking through it.

Did he not remember when John Prescott was attacked - his popularity went through the roof - and he's still earning cash from it (recent insurance adverts).

Clippy
19th July 2011, 16:35
What an utter plonker. All he's done is elevate Murdoch to victim status. Instead of a grilling, he's going to get an apology now - plus pundits now giving their admiration to him for sticking through it.

Did he not remember when John Prescott was attacked - his popularity went through the roof - and he's still earning cash from it (recent insurance adverts).

Agreed although I am looking forward to seeing the clip uploaded to YouTube with the Benny Hill music added for comedy effect.

NickFitz
19th July 2011, 17:08
It's an absolute disgrace that shames Britain in the eyes of the world - all those cameras and they didn't get a single decent shot of the pie hitting his face :mad:

MarillionFan
19th July 2011, 17:10
HOUSE!!!!!

And I thought 'shaving foam' was never going to come up.

Churchill
20th July 2011, 06:42
Murdoch is the head of a multi-billion dollar organisation.

Grilling him (Murdoch senior) about the crap that goes on in a piss-ant subsidiary such as the NotW is completely stupid.

If the Prime Minister of a crap hole such as the UK has people making sure he's kept at arms-length from anything dodgy, what do you think Murdoch, one of the richest men on the planet has?

MarillionFan
20th July 2011, 07:18
Murdoch is the head of a multi-billion dollar organisation.

Grilling him (Murdoch senior) about the crap that goes on in a piss-ant subsidiary such as the NotW is completely stupid.

If the Prime Minister of a crap hole such as the UK has people making sure he's kept at arms-length from anything dodgy, what do you think Murdoch, one of the richest men on the planet has?

He's a smart fella that Cameron. Looks like Brown got stitched up well and proper though.

Clippy
20th July 2011, 18:03
An interesting piece by Carl Bernstein, who broke the Watergate story with Bob Woodward, in Newsweek (http://www.newsweek.com/2011/07/10/murdoch-s-watergate.html) a few weeks ago.

At the other end of the scale, The Daily Shows Jon Stewarts take on proceedings as of yesterday is definitely worth a watch (http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/tue-july-19-2011-pervez-musharraf). :laugh