• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting yanked around

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting yanked around

Had a telephone interview last Thursday for a BPM development role. It went badly. It went badly mainly because the questions were without context, far too vague and it really felt that the guy was just firing questions off the top of his head and had not prepared before hand. I answered them to the best of my ability within the 20 minute window allocated.

If you meant this then it could mean this, this or this yada yada yada.

The feedback to the agency was that the interview was bad from their side. I closed the book on that one and went on about my business.

The agency called back and said they had arranged a F2F for the following day, but I had to meet with them first. So I had to drive up the M1 about 5 junctions to meet with them, then back down the M1, M25,M4 to meet with ClientCo.

A brief F2F ensued, the same questions were posed but with context. I gave my answers.

When I got home I was expecting an answer either way, but instead it turns out the guy who interviewed me did not have overall sign off authority and needed to speak to his boss who wasn't in until Monday.

I waited patiently all day yesterday and got a call from the pimp at 5:15 to inform me that this guy still hadn't met with his boss and was doing so this morning.

I got a call from the pimp about 30 minutes ago saying that the uber boss had read my cv and had noticed a whole raft of other skills I have that they could utlise, and want to arrange a 3rd interview to go over these skills.

Disorganised or what? Probably be a nightmare to work for. It seems to me that this clearly defined role that I wanted has now been diluted down so I will be pulled in every different direction going working in disorganised chaos.

I'm out.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

<< Placeholder for 300% suity utilisation thread >>

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      << Cretinous comment that could only be made by frog >>
      You see, I just don't do that any more. Tell me what you want, I do it, I invoice.

Mess me about, I walk.

Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        You see, I just don't do that any more. Tell me what you want, I do it, I invoice.

Mess me about, I walk.

Simples.
        Waddle.

HTH

Comment

Mess me about, I post everything on CUK.

Simples.
          FTFY
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Waddle.

HTH
            meh

Comment

When we become interested in the tedious,dull minutiae of your life, we'll tell you. Till then try posting something of general interest.

Next!
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                When we become interested in the tedious,dull minutiae of your life, we'll tell you. Till then try posting something of general interest.

Next!
                WHS

As Sas proves, made up stuff is much more interesting
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  WHS

As Sas proves, made up stuff is much more interesting
                  Have I ever mentioned how rich I am?

Comment

Had a telephone interview last Thursday ...

So I had to drive up the M1 about 5 junctions to meet with them, then back down the M1, M25,M4 to meet with ClientCo...

When I got home I was expecting an answer either way, but instead ...

I waited patiently all day yesterday and got a call from the pimp at 5:15...

I got a call from the pimp about 30 minutes ago ...
                    Mess me about, I walk.

Simples.
                    You tell 'em Suity

Comment

Working...
                    X