• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Given that its the Summer Holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given that its the Summer Holidays

Why is my phone going mad today?

5 calls this morning all about stuff not on any of the boards and all paying good rates.

I thought late July / August was dead.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

The agents are on a fishing holiday.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      The agents are on a fishing holiday.
      If only they were. Today reminds me of mid 1999.

All are contracts I know exist and all are priorities for the end customer. One interview and one phone interview lined up. For two others I'm just waiting for diary confirmation.

Comment

If I was that in demand I'd be tempted to do two contracts at the same time. Providing I could do them both from home. Twin screens would be essential then, with communication via instant chat or email so never the twain shall meet.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          If I was that in demand I'd be tempted to do two contracts at the same time. Providing I could do them both from home. Twin screens would be essential then, with communication via instant chat or email so never the twain shall meet.
          Sadly I don't think that would be an option. Both are on site and one definitely can't be done offsite.

The grand total today is now two face to face interviews and 1 phone interview on Friday.

Given that the expertise they want is something they won't take all the time I may get a body double to pretend to be me for the numpty stuff and take both.

Any chance SuitYou could lose 10 stone by Friday?

Comment

Working...
          X