• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurozone bank stocks will fall on Thursday ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurozone bank stocks will fall on Thursday ...

... when it becomes apparent that one way or another, they will take the brunt of the weight of Greek re-financing, either by a direct tax or through a haircut.
    Make of that what you will.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    ... when it becomes apparent that one way or another, they will take the brunt of the weight of Greek re-financing, either by a direct tax or through a haircut.
    Make of that what you will.
    It'll be a haircut. The tax will follow later when its discovered that the hair cut wasn't enough.

We are doomed I tell ya, doomed.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

When does a haircut become a scalping?
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

As always it's all priced in. Everyone knows exactly what they're going to decide, because the "men in grey" have been telling everyone. The Thursday meeting isn't where they decide, Merkel already phoned them up and told them what they're going to decide.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          As always it's all priced in. Everyone knows exactly what they're going to decide, because the "men in grey" have been telling everyone. The Thursday meeting isn't where they decide, Merkel already phoned them up and told them what they're going to decide.
          If you are right there won't be a fall in bank stocks on Thursday. If I am right there will.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Stocks will go up on Thursday.

The FTSE 100 is green on the BBC News page today. Was red yesterday. Will be red tomorrow....

Noticed this for months that it's up and down each day, even if only by a few points at the close of play.

If only I knew the slightest thing about spread betting.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              Stocks will go up on Thursday.

The FTSE 100 is green on the BBC News page today. Was red yesterday. Will be red tomorrow....

Noticed this for months that it's up and down each day, even if only by a few points at the close of play.

If only I knew the slightest thing about spread betting.
              Can't help feeling that investing in bank shares is the way to go. If they foul up, they get bailed out. If they get lucky, you win. simply choose a day when the normal bank gloom is depressing share prices, and fill yer boots...

..I've not actually summoned up the courage to do this yet, but one day Rodney, one day..
              Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Ahem. Got the date wrong as I didn't account for the "stupid bounce" but otherwise spot on.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                  Can't help feeling that investing in bank shares is the way to go. If they foul up, they get bailed out. If they get lucky, you win. simply choose a day when the normal bank gloom is depressing share prices, and fill yer boots...
                  Good point.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Ahem. Got the date wrong as I didn't account for the "stupid bounce" but otherwise spot on.
                    Bank stocks will rise on Wednesday.

No idea which Wednesday, but they will rise and it will be on a Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                    X