• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attention Plebs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention Plebs

If the train is so full that you must use first class then at least have the decency to:
    1: Give seating priority to pregnant ladies and not make them stand for 20 minutes in a crowded and hot carriage. *
    2: Piss off once there is space in the rest of the train

* I was stood at the other end of the carriage and so unable to assist
    Coffee's for closers

Plebs from second class are insufferable. Did you summon the Guard?

Comment

WTF were they doing on your private train anyway.

Good heavens man. Tell your driver not to slow down at stations.

Comment

Even if the train is full they should still not use First Class without a valid ticket
        One of the pleasures in FC membership is watching the lower social orders standing
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Plebs from second class are insufferable. Did you summon the Guard?
          I wish

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Even if the train is full they should still not use First Class without a valid ticket
          One of the pleasures in FC membership is watching the lower social orders standing
          Trans-pennine express seem to have a no enforcement policy once the train reaches a point where the guard can't physically get down the train.
          Unfortunatly seeing as how first and standard are connected by an unlocked door there isn't much they can do.
          Although making sure the trains are ontime and the correct length does seem to help! I've also been assured that it is possible to reclaim the first class portion of the ticket when the train is that full
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Thankfully, the East Anglia line has a strict no-encroachment policy for first class travel. I've seen more than a few arguments between conductors and lower-class travellers standing in the doorways of first class carriages. Even on the standard commuter cars rather than intercity trains there is robust enforcement with regular plain clothes "raids" on ticket evasion in first class. There are no busy train exemptions.

Quite right too... I pay a small fortune for my first class ticket to essentially guarantee me a seat and some peace and quiet, especially on the morning commutes. It's quite amusing listening to the tuts and harrumphs from the other first class ticket holders when someone is rude enough to have a loud conversation.

Comment

Rail travel has gone to the dogs since they made it illegal to throw the oiks off the train on a whim.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Train? WTF is a train?

Is this something common people use?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Train? WTF is a train?

Is this something common people use?
                  I told him he'd regret letting the AS355 go.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Rail travel has gone to the dogs since they made it illegal to throw the oiks off the train on a whim.
                    Good man.

But I put it down to changing the name "Second Class" to "Standard Class", and getting rid of Third Class. The plebs no longer appreciate their station in life (pardon the pun).

Comment

Working...
                    X