• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You Only Live Once!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Only Live Once!!

BBC News - Bond actress Angela Scoular died drinking acid cleaner

Ouch!!! That HAD to hurt!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

That's got to be a horrible way to go.

The actress, who had battled alcoholism for years, used to drink between 150 and 210 units of alcohol a week.

20-30 units a night, every night. What's that, the best part of a bottle a night?

Edit: by bottle I mean spirits not becks/lambrini

Comment

Poor woman .......

I would have preferred to go on one last holiday to a country which legalises euthanasia though .... Not a nice way to go doing what she did ...

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        That's got to be a horrible way to go.

The actress, who had battled alcoholism for years, used to drink between 150 and 210 units of alcohol a week.

20-30 units a night, every night. What's that, the best part of a bottle a night?

Edit: by bottle I mean spirits not becks/lambrini
        9.8 units in a bottle of wine.

37.5 units in a litre bottle of Smirnoff.

That drink aware website is scary!!!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          9.8 units in a bottle of wine.

37.5 units in a litre bottle of Smirnoff.

That drink aware website is scary!!!
          2 to 3 bottles of vino a night, 7 days a week.

I'd have done myself in just trying to get to bed, that or burned the house down cooking fishfingers.

Comment

According to that I'm drinking 80 units a week which comes to 5500 calories per week.

Might look to reduce that by 500 calories.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              According to that I'm drinking 80 units a week which comes to 5500 calories per week.

Might look to reduce that by 500 calories.
              Great idea. That way, the next time we meet in the pub you might be able to arrive a bit less ostentatiously.....

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                2 to 3 bottles of vino a night, 7 days a week.

I'd have done myself in just trying to get to bed, that or burned the house down cooking fishfingers.
                2/3 bottles between 2 of you on a weeks holiday I could probably do but not every day for a long time... crikey.

God love her.

Likewise with the fish fingers!!

I saw a tea towel today, one of those retro type ones and it said "If it fits in a toaster, I can cook it!" I may have to purchase one
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  2/3 bottles between 2 of you on a weeks holiday I could probably do but not every day for a long time... crikey.

God love her.

Likewise with the fish fingers!!

I saw a tea towel today, one of those retro type ones and it said "If it fits in a toaster, I can cook it!" I may have to purchase one
                  It's scary how it all adds up.

Let's say suity nips down the pub and has 5/6 pints of guiness. Each pint is 2.5 units. So 6 pints is 18 units.

Do that 4 times a week and lo you have had 72 units.

Frightening really.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    It's scary how it all adds up.

Let's say suity nips down the pub and has 5/6 pints of guiness. Each pint is 2.5 units. So 6 pints is 18 units.

Do that 4 times a week and lo you have had 72 units.

Frightening really.
                    Tell me you don't do your own VAT returns!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X