• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edjukashun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edjukashun

Michael Gove: 4,500 'Mickey Mouse' courses to face the axe | Mail Online

For example an NVQ level 2 in hairdressing is worth the equivalent of six GCSEs, but students never cut hair because health and safety regulations ban the use of scissors.

Brilliant!

This is the future for Britain.

Don't knock it. Vocational courses are the only thing available to a lot of young folk now universities are only for clever (and fairly well off) people.*

* I haven't read the article.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

We don't need no!

Face it Dimprawn, you're just another brick in a wall.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

For example an NVQ level 2 in hairdressing is worth the equivalent of six GCSEs, but students never cut hair because health and safety regulations ban the use of scissors.

In this particular case it would be better to just change the stupid 'elf and safety' regulations, seeing as a basic qualification in hairdressing is more likely than a degree in meejah studies to get someone a job .

Sorry for that little sensible moment; should I return to the usual CUK flippance mode?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          In this particular case it would be better to just change the stupid 'elf and safety' regulations, seeing as a basic qualification in hairdressing is more likely than a degree in meejah studies to get someone a job .

Sorry for that little sensible moment; should I return to the usual CUK flippance mode?
          Mods! Mods! Ban this account. Michs 5 year old nephew has guessed his password.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Don't knock it. Vocational courses are the only thing available to a lot of young folk now universities are only for clever (and fairly well off) people.*

* I haven't read the article.
            Universities should only have ever been for clever people, not half the workshy bastards who currently frequent their hallowed halls!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Universities should only have ever been for clever people, not half the workshy bastards who currently frequent their hallowed halls!
              Only clever lazy people.

Hard working thick people are useful for all sorts of menial tasks.
              Lazy thick people are useless.
              Lazy clever people create great things to take work off their hands, like the seed drill, the computer, the internal combustion engine and other labour saving devices. In doing so they advance the human condition.
              Hard working clever people are downright bloody dangerous.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Only clever lazy people.

Hard working thick people are useful for all sorts of menial tasks.
                Lazy thick people are useless.
                Lazy clever people create great things to take work off their hands, like the seed drill, the computer, the internal combustion engine and other labour saving devices. In doing so they advance the human condition.
                Hard working clever people are downright bloody dangerous.
                Ah, the Prussian military recruitment axioms
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Indeed.

And they're taking an inordinate amount of time to get fusion going properly, not to mention dilithium, so I won't mention it.
                  ******* free-energy gravy train!

Comment

Because of Labour's stupidity there are now courses on how to use Facebook, how to Twitter etc etc.

Students no longer study a subject because they are interested in it or that it is useful for a good careers. They all go for a subject that borders on "stupid" which is easy to study and get a job in a council.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X