• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dynamo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamo

What does the panel think?

All looks pretty obvious to me - just slight of hand, basic psychology and some willing collaborators
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

He's good though, one of the best I've seen.

Its not hard to fool Rio Ferdinand.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

sleight of hand

What is it? A television programme?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        sleight of hand

What is it? A television programme?
        Who knows? Knowing the OP probably a CBeebies program.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          What does the panel think?

All looks pretty obvious to me - just slight of hand, basic psychology and some willing collaborators
          It's entertaining and his tricks are very professionally done. He does the sort of stuff that David Blaine used to do before he thought it was clever to sit in a box or block of ice for days on end.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

I enjoyed it. Very much like Blaine, even down to the jolty cameras and close ups. I just hope he doesn't use stooges; that feels like cheating.

I'd like to know how he did that one with the tattoo of the eye last night. Clever.
            Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
              I enjoyed it. Very much like Blaine, even down to the jolty cameras and close ups. I just hope he doesn't use stooges; that feels like cheating.

I'd like to know how he did that one with the tattoo of the eye last night. Clever.
              Just been arguing with a mate about this.

I love the card tricks and sleight of hand stuff. You know it's sleight of hand, but you just don't know how he does it.

For the bigger tricks, he must be using stooges and camera tricks because they are so impossible, you know that's what they must be and that spoils it for me. The tattoo trick, film name on the side of the cinema, teleport trick from one building to another etc are all examples.

Great showmanship of course, but for me, too obviously done with stooges and/or camera tricks.

Another thing that has annoyed me, he's done one of the card tricks in 3 different shows of this series now (the sign your name, put card in your mouth switch) and the matrix style, bending over backwards trick in each show as well.

Comment

Tattoo: definitely stooge with make up
                MF: definitely co ck with no life
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  Just been arguing with a mate about this.

I love the card tricks and sleight of hand stuff. You know it's sleight of hand, but you just don't know how he does it.

For the bigger tricks, he must be using stooges and camera tricks because they are so impossible, you know that's what they must be and that spoils it for me. The tattoo trick, film name on the side of the cinema, teleport trick from one building to another etc are all examples.

Great showmanship of course, but for me, too obviously done with stooges and/or camera tricks.

Another thing that has annoyed me, he's done one of the card tricks in 3 different shows of this series now (the sign your name, put card in your mouth switch) and the matrix style, bending over backwards trick in each show as well.
                  It's the mobile phone in a bottle one that has me stumped. Very impressive.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    It's the mobile phone in a bottle one that has me stumped. Very impressive.
                    Clearly the bottle is fake, but again how he does it is the bit that annoys me.

Is the person he takes the bottle from a stooge? If so then it was always a fake bottle, ANYONE could do that.

or, he somehow switches a real bottle for a fake bottle for the trick - now that is impressive.

Comment

Working...
                    X