• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That sinking feeling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sinking feeling

Sinkhole forms under Guatemalan woman's bed - Yahoo! News

Is their a 'down' theme to your posting this morning?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sounds like one of my vengeful thoughts on neighbour MR PIKEY SCUM. A huge pit opens up and swallows his house and garden. Another was that I developed a small space/time wormhole device and connected his heart to his scummy garden pond.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Now this one in Greece:

There's a thin layer of Euro the bottom.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The earth really did move for her!
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

The sinkhole that appeared late Monday was 12.2 meters (40 feet) deep and 80 centimeters (32 inches) in diameter

That's more impressive than the wide sink holes, and doesn't seem possible. How do they explain that it went under the fence and emerged in the USA, and the soil under her fingernails? More worryingly might be a similar sized hole in the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

That's more impressive than the wide sink holes, and doesn't seem possible. How do they explain that it went under the fence and emerged in the USA, and the soil under her fingernails? More worryingly might be a similar sized hole in the roof.
              Plus, what [natural] force cut her floor tiles so neatly?

Comment

Not quite a sink hole but Southern Water found a large leak in the early hours yesterday and now there's a huge hole just outside my house, I can just barely get out of my drive. Nothing like road cutters and pneumatic drills at 3AM.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Sloppy Journalism they haven't said how much her house is worth, there is no picture of her pushing her Jubs out and no renta quotes.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X