• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Torchwood - Miracle Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchwood - Miracle Day

Has anyone been watching the new series of Torchwood, BB1, Thursdays? 10 parter made in the US this time.

It's got some basic Torchwood bits and pieces about it but I think it's really slow. Yesterdays entire one hour episode was about their six hour trip on a bloody plane FFS.

Too Americanised.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Has anyone been watching the new series of Torchwood, BB1, Thursdays? 10 parter made in the US this time.

It's got some basic Torchwood bits and pieces about it but I think it's really slow. Yesterdays entire one hour episode was about their six hour trip on a bloody plane FFS.

Too Americanised.
    Not to mention the sort of plot devices that would have looked dated in an episode of McGyver.

Had some nice touches where they had thought through what would actually happen if everyone did stop dying though. Imortal but still aging, rampant growth of bacteria etc.

Far too many Americans though.
    Last edited by DaveB; 22 July 2011, 08:56.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Was too busy sexting to take it all in, doesn't look like I missed much this week though
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

The first episode showed promise, lots going on, explosions, intrigue etc.

The second was so boring I started browsing CUK.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          The first episode showed promise, lots going on, explosions, intrigue etc.

The second was so boring I started browsing CUK.
          First was written by Russel T. Davis. Second was some american writer who's worked on Smallville and House. It shows.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

That was the worst thing on TV since Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood done The Brits.

Comment

Perhaps there will be a new Torchwood office in US, which could them have its own tv series (keeping the American viewer happy) The original Torchwood could return to UK and keep the UK viewer happy.

...not that I watch Torchwood...

Comment

Loved the first episode but last night's was torture.
                Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

You get the feeling this 'new' series was just written to penetrate the US deadwood scheduling. Very little interest for UK fans imo.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Indeed wait for TW-Miami, TW-New York (shortened because Septics can't wait for the whole name to scroll across the screen it takes up valuable ad time. 2 hour episodes (well 30 seconds, 5 minute ads etc)

Which dashing chap will be Cap'n Jack?
                    Obviously name has to be changed how about Abraham or Franklin a promotion is probably needed, wait for it... General Franklin hmm has the right ring.

I have my money on Jennifer Anniston for Gwen (probably renamed to Pochontas Carter)

And obviously the head quarters need to be next to area 51.

Was tedious, if only it had held out the promise of the first episode.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X