• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rogue state (with WMD)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue state (with WMD)

Film-maker's death 'was murder'

The shooting of a British film maker in Gaza was "cold-blooded murder", a security expert has told an inquest
    James Miller, 34, from Devon, was shot by a soldier from the Israeli Defence Force (IDF) while making a film in a Palestinian refugee camp in 2003.

An Israeli investigation in April 2005 cleared a soldier of misusing firearms.
    Meaning what? That he was a good soldier, he did what Israel wanted?

Originally posted by expat
    Film-maker's death 'was murder'

Meaning "Don't feck with the Israelis, they don't give a tulip! Don't criticise them or they'll play the anti-semitic or holocaust card."

Comment

Originally posted by expat
      RTFA:

"The 10-member inquest jury heard how Mr Miller had been wearing a helmet and flak jacket with the letters TV written in bright fluorescent tape as he approached the soldiers in Rafah at about 2300 on 2 May 2003.

He was holding a torch which shone on a large white flag being held by his interpreter.

A shot was fired, followed by a second fatal shot 12 to 13 seconds later. Several more shots were fired at seven to 12 second intervals, hitting the Palestinian house, from which the TV crew had emerged. "

Was that guy a good soldier? I doubt it - but he certainly wanted to kill someone from safe distance.
      Last edited by AtW; 5 April 2006, 09:28.

Comment

Its quite simple really...dont get in the way or suffer the consequences!

The guy shouldnt have been there anyway (and...if he REALLY wanted to protest why doesnt he get out there and protest about the deliberate targetting of civlians by terrorist groups like humus and co? Oh thats right, only Israel attacks civilians )

Personally my heart bleeds purple p1ss for him.

Mailman

Comment

Plus it was dark (which strangely enough hasn't been mentioned in most of the articles I've read).
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            Its quite simple really...dont get in the way or suffer the consequences!

The guy shouldnt have been there anyway (and...if he REALLY wanted to protest why doesnt he get out there and protest about the deliberate targetting of civlians by terrorist groups like humus and co? Oh thats right, only Israel attacks civilians )

Mailman
            "The guy shouldnt have been there anyway"

What complete bollox.

The killing and maiming of Israelis (including Arab Israelis) by extremists is well documented. Israel makes sure the cameras get in on the scene. Most reasonable people deplore it. The UN deplores it. However, Israel tries to prevent anyone from viewing and documenting the atrocities that the IDF and settlers commit. There have been numerous killings of UN personnel by the IDF including one who was in a UN compound at the time. No charges have been brought for these possible murders. Presumably the UN should not be there. In fact presumably no-one should be there except Israelis.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
              Plus it was dark (which strangely enough hasn't been mentioned in most of the articles I've read).
              I guessed that from context, there was a torch being shone on a white flag.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                You might want to visit the doc about that.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  I guessed that from context, there was a torch being shone on a white flag.
                  In that version yes, in other versions not.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X